Harry's Bar on Riverside specials

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Rossco180
Expatriate
France

Re: Harry's Bar on Riverside specials

Post by Rossco180 »

Harry and the gang are serving food a little longer and staying open a little later from today.

Rossco180
Expatriate
France

Post by Rossco180 »

HARRY’S On Sisowath Quay. Are pleased to announce to later evening opening times. We will be serving food until 11pm.
( during Covid-19. Temperature checks and mask and distancing is appreciated. )

Thursdays $6 Harry's Chicken Parmesan! - Happy Hour 11am-7pm (75c Draft Beers, 3$ House Wine) - Open for breakfast from 9am every morning (Great Coffee, Deluxe Breakfast, Denver Omelette, Eggs Benedict, Bacon Egg Muffin and more) - Main menu is also available for delivery on nham24.

Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Glad to see this. They have gained a decent customer - live in the same block and to say I overspend would be an understatement - because businesses that adapt accordingly during these times, need support, with the majority actually raising their prices. When queried, they remind me of the "Vid" and no customers etc. I say that's when you put the prices down to increase your market share, it is about volume now, you are catering to long-termers, blah blah. That doesn't seem to register with the answer, "but we have no money and can not afford..." Me: Everyone no money. Same same. Everyone help, keep price down, and the money available can keep moving around." Return: "You have money." Point: "For those that help others" Service: "How I can pay rent, pay girls, cooky?" Return:"First your rent should have been reduced, bills due are extended, and you are right; you can't pay without money, so you need to encourage people to give you some." "Can not with only 3 customers" Game over. Walked off court. She wins. "Never argue with (certain) people, as they will bring down you to their level and beat you with experience" - Probably someone like Winston Churchill.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Rossco180
Expatriate
France

Post by Rossco180 »

Get into Harry's for the best Sunday Roast in town!! From 1pm until sold out

Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:21 am Glad to see this. They have gained a decent customer - live in the same block and to say I overspend would be an understatement - because businesses that adapt accordingly during these times, need support, with the majority actually raising their prices. When queried, they remind me of the "Vid" and no customers etc. I say that's when you put the prices down to increase your market share, it is about volume now, you are catering to long-termers, blah blah. That doesn't seem to register with the answer, "but we have no money and can not afford..." Me: Everyone no money. Same same. Everyone help, keep price down, and the money available can keep moving around." Return: "You have money." Point: "For those that help others" Service: "How I can pay rent, pay girls, cooky?" Return:"First your rent should have been reduced, bills due are extended, and you are right; you can't pay without money, so you need to encourage people to give you some." "Can not with only 3 customers" Game over. Walked off court. She wins. "Never argue with (certain) people, as they will bring down you to their level and beat you with experience" - Probably someone like Winston Churchill.
Many places have closed because it's not worth it to open up and pay the staff and utilities when they have so few customers. If a place that normally survives by selling $1 beers at high volume decides to open but with higher prices because the volume is so low, we shouldn't give them a hard time about it.

Whether the rent is lowered is totally up to the landlord. Most leases have a fixed rental rate, not a percentage of sales, and the tenant owes the full amount unless the landlord graciously lowers the rent.
Biffsm
BANNED
United States of America

Post by Biffsm »

No free lunch pal...
Last year, I signed a 1 year lease.
I did not go to my landlord and demand a reduction because of china.
I do not tell Angkor Market I need my food free ...
This free rent...free power...free mindset is for the weak..the expat who needs to go home.
My new lease this year even has a clause that it is a set amount not to be lowered or raised.
Do you really think one business should get freebies while another gets fucked?
The restaurant game and bar is all about controlling costs and inventory.
Lowering prices when you are losing your ass is insanity...
china needs a bill to be paid in full from every person on the planet..
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Biffsm wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:35 am The restaurant game and bar is all about controlling costs and inventory.
Lowering prices when you are losing your ass is insanity...
Lowering prices below what is sustainable, tenable, yes. I don’t think it’s entirely isolated to the Bar/restaurant business. I know of plenty of people who tried to maintain their preferred profit when times were bad. Companies, and individuals. They’re all working for someone else, now. The profit was maintained for a brief time only, followed by loss of business to someone who did manage the pricing.

Cash flow, suppliers and supply lines maintained, customers attracted and satisfied, all part of a long game seems a reasonable strategy to me.
china needs a bill to be paid in full from every person on the planet..
What china needs is a metaphorical taking around the back of the building and given a good slapping. But I thinks that’s being discussed elsewhere.
Joakim
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Joakim »

Back to topic...

I've been reading about Harrys here and I really wanted to give it a try.
...but since it probably will be a couple of months more until I can go back to KoW and PP, I decided to send an "stand in".
Telling my better half to go and tell me about it...

She was very satisfied! They tried 4 different; ChickenCB, Fish n Chips, CeasarSallad and KebabPlate.
Ranking ChickenCB and KebabPlate on top.

Next time I´ll send her there to try MondaySpecial. But I can't imagine it will be better than mine :lol: !!!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Nice socks with sandals, @Doc67 . :D

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:49 am Nice socks with sandals, @Doc67 . :D

Last time I went with @General Mackevili we saw this at Harrys or was it in FLorida?
Spoiler:
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic