Harry's Bar on Riverside specials

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Harry's Bar on Riverside specials

Post by AndyKK »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:51 am Covid hit me pretty hard in the pocket (don't use an everything-of-value-is-in-this-one-spot wallet) so I have to go to Harry's for the specials. Thanks Harold (I guess now it could be Henry and I just discovered royals don't have a last name anymore). But it still amazes me how the locals raise their prices to compensate for the loss of business which should actually exacerbate the situation. SOT (ironically, means an alcoholic), good feed, good price.
I understand your point there about price increases, too a westerner in this kind of situation would usually be the opposite too lower prices and attract more customers, resulting in a better profits. But since the source of goods are now probably higher priced for those in business if they too were to put increases their prices, the results would be fewer customers, less buying, less work, and still a profit.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:21 am at least yongs thread has photos
Click here for pictures.

pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Image🤔🙄🙄🙄
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:26 am
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:51 am Covid hit me pretty hard in the pocket (don't use an everything-of-value-is-in-this-one-spot wallet) so I have to go to Harry's for the specials. Thanks Harold (I guess now it could be Henry and I just discovered royals don't have a last name anymore). But it still amazes me how the locals raise their prices to compensate for the loss of business which should actually exacerbate the situation. SOT (ironically, means an alcoholic), good feed, good price.
I understand your point there about price increases, too a westerner in this kind of situation would usually be the opposite too lower prices and attract more customers, resulting in a better profits. But since the source of goods are now probably higher priced for those in business if they too were to put increases their prices, the results would be fewer customers, less buying, less work, and still a profit.
That is probably their thinking, but their day-by-day mentality means less repeat customers, unless a punter falls in love. Which brings me to lady drinks, now $6 is common for a glass of ice with a twist of beer. My only dress is wearing thin, and I'm running low on helium!
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:40 pm
That is probably their thinking, but their day-by-day mentality means less repeat customers, unless a punter falls in love. Which brings me to lady drinks, now $6 is common for a glass of ice with a twist of beer. My only dress is wearing thin, and I'm running low on helium!
$3.5 in Harrys.

I have never seen $6 anywhere in Phnom Penh, $4 or $4.50 is about the upper limit.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:51 pm
$3.5 in Harrys.

I have never seen $6 anywhere in Phnom Penh, $4 or $4.50 is about the upper limit.
You don't need to expand your patronage. I could rattle off a few but it's not exactly good advertising and, in fairness, anyone can charge what they want for stuff; everyone's option to pay it, or not. I get irked when the higher prices aren't clearly displayed (lower prices don't seem to bother me), particularly increases.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:21 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:51 pm
$3.5 in Harrys.

You don't need to expand your patronage. I could rattle off a few but it's not exactly good advertising and, in fairness, anyone can charge what they want for stuff; everyone's option to pay it, or not. I get irked when the higher prices aren't clearly displayed (lower prices don't seem to bother me), particularly increases.
Exactly what I had quoted - fewer customers, less buying, less work, and still a profit.
And you happen to mention one of the items that want's too maximise on her nightly profits, It's worse I would think if that's what you are doing in these hard times, once she realises you are being what they say is a cheap charley, she is already sitting with the next customer who has just bought her the next lady drink.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Rossco180
Expatriate
France

Post by Rossco180 »

Rossco180
Expatriate
France

Post by Rossco180 »

Rossco180