Home invasion

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Home invasion

Post by Freightdog »

Today, we came home to find we’d had some unwelcome visitors, and some mindless vandalism. This afternoon, the bloody animals came back for another try.
On seeing the first event, it could easily be deduced that they were non-too intelligent. Deceptive! We just didn’t have anything that they wanted or valued. It didn’t stop them opening the fridge and freezer, defrosting everything. But the electronic gadgets, and my personal stash of Asahi remained untouched. The beer clearly was no longer at an appropriate temperature for immediate consumption. The ice creams are a goner.
1 small baggie of meds were left behind. Not ours. The bag had been ripped open, and potentially some of the contents consumed. They looked like cod liver oil capsules. Only, about the size that you might give a horse.

The second visit warranted some reciprocal violence, though, and was short lived.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Home invasion

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Can you elaborate a bit on the second visit?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

It is getting more common. I had two on my balcony a couple of days ago. I am only on the first floor. Doors locked on inside. Nothing within reach of the windows even with a stick.
Now I keep door locked unless I am going out to hang clothes or collect them.
Don't try to be a hero either unless you have to. Nothing harms them on meth.

Take care FD and stay safe everyone.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Doors locked, everything well clear of the windows. I guess that the bars and sliding panels on the windows aren’t big enough to stop the Macaques when they want in. I was expecting to find monkey shit and piss everywhere. But for burglars, they seem slightly better behaved than the meth heads that make the news so often.
The second visit happened during luncheon. Apparently, they like curry. I got a graze to the forehead when I wasn’t quite quick enough ducking back (they’ve got a long reach) and the bigger one got a couple of decent smacks with a broom, and decided to find a different route to follow his girlfriend.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Let's pray Mummy doesn't get involved and doesn't take meth
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

Home invasion by monkeys. That was unexpected.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic