Man Gets D*ck Locked in a Cage by a Hacker

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Man Gets D*ck Locked in a Cage by a Hacker

Post by techietraveller84 »

This is one of those "truth is stranger than fiction" stories. Consider it a warning against Internet of Things devices, which usually lack proper security.
Sam Summers was sitting at home with his penis wrapped in an internet-connected chastity cage when he got a weird message on the app that connects to the device. Someone told him they had taken control and they wanted around $1,000 in Bitcoin to give control back to Summers.

"Initially, I thought it was my partner doing that," Summers told Motherboard in a phone call. "It sounds silly, but I got a bit excited by it."

But when Summers called his partner, she told him it wasn't her, even after he told her their safe word. That's when he realized he had gotten hacked. His penis was locked in the cage, and he had no way out.

"Oh, sh*t, it's real," Summers said. "I started looking at the thing. There's no manual override at all. It's a chastity belt, I guess it kind of shouldn't [have an override.] But when it's a digital thing like that, it should have a key or something. But it obviously didn't."

"I started freaking out a bit," he added. "I was just panicking at this point."

Summers is one of several people who purchased a chastity cage device called Cellmate and produced by Qiui, a China-based manufacturer. Some of the device's owners got their accounts—and thus their devices as well—hacked at the end of last year, after security researchers warned that the manufacturer left an exposed and vulnerable API, which could allow hackers to take control of the devices.

Scared and a bit desperate, Summers realized he had some Bitcoin stashed in an old account. So he sent the hacker what they wanted, hoping that would be it. But when the hacker got the money, they asked for more, according to Summers.
The story of weirdness continues at https://www.vice.com/en/article/4ad5xp/ ... y-a-hacker
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Man Gets D*ck Locked in a Cage by a Hacker

Post by AndyKK »

Because of the cut, Summers and his partner were not able to have sex for over a month, according to him. This incident also made Summers reconsider using internet-connected devices, especially those that go around his most private parts.

I think it's one of those stories we're someone is trying to pull your plonker.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

:wtf: I think this belongs in Asinine..

techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

I fell for it.

I think the real treasure we all gained from hearing about the original story though was learning that people get off on some really weird sh*t.

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic