Western Man Feels Up Bar Girls and Gets Fighty in G-Pub

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Western Man Feels Up Bar Girls and Gets Fighty in G-Pub

Post by Doc67 »

Any bar that is still open at 5am deserves everything that is coming to them.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:58 am Any bar that is still open at 5am deserves everything that is coming to them.
Wow, some real old time Presbyterian vibes in a number of the replies here this morning . Don't party after 40, close pubs at a decent hour. Deport any forigeners whose behavior does not reflect mine...

Sounds like you all have hangovers
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:06 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:58 am Any bar that is still open at 5am deserves everything that is coming to them.
Wow, some real old time Presbyterian vibes in a number of the replies here this morning . Don't party after 40, close pubs at a decent hour. Deport any forigeners whose behavior does not reflect mine...

Sounds like you all have hangovers
Guilty. I am always very grumpy when hungover. Well spotted!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

It's been many years since I stepped inside G-Pub since Mrs Cargo made a decent man out of me :lol:

I'm a bit surprised though that it's still going...especially since the general demise of Sorya mall and lack of tourists.

Anyway, that place from memory didn't really kick off until around about 3-4am. It used to be the place that people (customers, bargirls and free lancers) went to after Pontoon/Heart of Darkness and the hostess bars closed and still wanted more action. So it was basically open till the sun came up. Last couple times I went more and more ladyboys would go there.

Might have changed since but that's how it used to be.
The man was detained and sent to the security office of Soriya Mall for questioning.
They actually have one of those :lol:
GusKnocks
Tourist
United States of America

Post by GusKnocks »

This sounds like something Taco Bill would do. It doesn't look like him in the photos but would need an unblurred photo to be sure.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Last I knew, G Pub was dominated by Nigerians.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:30 am
It's been many years since I stepped inside G-Pub since Mrs Cargo made a decent man out of me :lol:

I'm a bit surprised though that it's still going...especially since the general demise of Sorya mall and lack of tourists.

Anyway, that place from memory didn't really kick off until around about 3-4am. It used to be the place that people (customers, bargirls and free lancers) went to after Pontoon/Heart of Darkness and the hostess bars closed and still wanted more action. So it was basically open till the sun came up. Last couple times I went more and more ladyboys would go there.

Might have changed since but that's how it used to be.
An grisly old Irish landlord once told me the reason he never applied for a 12:30am licence extension for Fridays and Saturdays, instead keeping to the standard 11pm closing time. At 10:30 on both days he would see half his customers leave and walk 2 minutes to another bar who had a late license. He was left with friends and regulars only, and did a few 'afters' from time to time.

"I want the best of their money, let them have the worst of their money."

The late license bar scooped up customers for a few local pubs, they had to have doormen (a license condition) and regularly had punch ups. They also had a much slower trade early evening. They just had a monopoly on late night drinkers and they suffered all the agro that entails.

You couldn't pay me to be there at 5am.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:59 am Why don't such people learn that its out of order to walk into a top hostess establishment, feeling the quality of the merchandise before buying them a lady drink or two, and being so shameful to come from another bar drunk.
Do I detect a tone of sarcasm from you Andy? Like in a fruit shop, sampling the goods to see if they are firm and ripe? Try before you buy? :lol:
GusKnocks
Tourist
United States of America

Post by GusKnocks »

Cooldude wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:53 am Last I knew, G Pub was dominated by Nigerians.
Is it still owned by the notorious Belgian guy mentioned here: post385531.html#p385531
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

johnny lightning wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:17 am A top hostess establishment. When did G-Pub attain this status!
G-Pub has always been a fine establishment! Even making the 'top 7 bars in Phnom Penh' list in 2016, lol.

And #9 in 2014 for 'suitable hostess bars in Phnom Penh to take a curious friend.'

:beer2:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic