Koh Wrong- again (foreigners attacked)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Schrodinger's Dog
Expatriate

Re: Koh Wrong- again (foreigners attacked)

Post by Schrodinger's Dog »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:Holy shit.... Is there something I'm missing here? Or did the local Koh Rong police actually go out and solve a crime? Not too excited but at least they are trying...
The local Koh Rong police wasn't really involved in the investigations. It's been several different police units including a very (!) high ranking who came down from Phnom Penh. That's actually the same guys who arrested the Russian guy at Snakehouse (recognized some of them from the pictures) and - believe it or not - they really seemed to be professional and all over the place. What you really can't say about Koh Rong police or even most of the guys in Sihanoukville.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

I'm wondering whats been happening with this case, has it gone to court ?, have the suspects been sentenced yet ?

I hope the victims have recovered from their injuries, & been able to return to the island to run their business
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

That's a shame, if correct
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

jaynewcastle wrote:That's a shame, if correct
I'm only speculating. (I do so much speculating on a daily basis that I consider it a hobby.)
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Schrodinger's Dog
Expatriate

Sorry for the lack of updates on this. To be honest: Almost completely forgot I've an account for this forum - will try to post more frequently again :)
jaynewcastle wrote:I'm wondering whats been happening with this case, has it gone to court ?, have the suspects been sentenced yet ?

I hope the victims have recovered from their injuries, & been able to return to the island to run their business
None of the victims went back to work there. The place is still run by two good friends of mine with me helping out occassionally when it's needed.

The Canadian guy stayed in Cambodia until early May, before he left back home to Canada (will be back next high season tho). He's doing pretty much alright on the health side and even went back to the crime scene as soon as he was physically able to, to see it again and get it sorted out in his head. He's a tough guy, nothing but respect for him.

The Suomi guy was transfered to a BKK hospital because his condition didn't get better. Soon after that he got transfered to Finland and he still is in a very, very bad condition and on the special care station in a hospital there. Was actually quite to early for the flight as well.

The hearings of the vitnesses in court were just 3 or 4 weeks ago here in SHV, but they haven't been sentenced yet. It's not been glossed over at they will spend at least (!) 10 years each. Looks like the prosecutor is aiming for 20 years, tho unlikely. 10 years might be it. Either way they gonna end up in Monkey House here in town, so it's guaranteed they'll have the "best time possible" while in.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

fucking cunts thought they could get away with murdering a barang. think again suckers!i wonder how many other barang they have killed already. anymore murders on KR since they've been caught?
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Appreciate the update SD. Lets hope the culprits get a long sentence, & I hope the Finnish guy (the owner ?) is able to fully recover from the injuries he suffered.
andrewboo
Tourist

Post by andrewboo »

It is quick dangerous in the island either Koh Rong or Koh Rong Samloem. At the night time, silent night with empty light provided, even not security. Everything must be careful.
Schrodinger's Dog
Expatriate

juansweetpotato wrote:fucking cunts thought they could get away with murdering a barang. think again suckers!i wonder how many other barang they have killed already. anymore murders on KR since they've been caught?
Well, one of the suspects is the son of a local village chief there. So he might have actually thought he'd be able to get away with it. Btw: It's not like there's been a murder every week before or after that on Koh Rong. So no, no other murders there since they got caught... ;)
jaynewcastle wrote:Appreciate the update SD. Lets hope the culprits get a long sentence, & I hope the Finnish guy (the owner ?) is able to fully recover from the injuries he suffered.
Yes, the Finnish guy is the owner. Not really any big updates, but apparently he's doing a slightly bit better these days.
andrewboo wrote:It is quick dangerous in the island either Koh Rong or Koh Rong Samloem. At the night time, silent night with empty light provided, even not security. Everything must be careful.
Well, it actually isn't very dangerous. Most of the shit that usually happens on Koh Rong, happens in Koh Tui (main beach with all the backpackers-party-scene) - and because of drunk/drugged people there. Long Beach was and can still be considered a safe place, as there's mostly the people camping who don't wanna spend money on the hostels on the main side a.k.a. don't have that much cash anyway. Police still has a little camp attached to Broken Heart Guest House (built up a real bro-love with him, he's a great guy) and every local on the island knows that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic