9-Year-Old Girl Handcuffed, Pepper-Sprayed By Police

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Handcuffed, Pepper-Sprayed By Police

Post by Brody »

Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:36 am
Freightdog wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:20 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:12 pm I spent some time in Germany, and I note the people there (at least in those days) respected the police...unlike the USA.
Respect just for the police, or a wider self- and mutual respect?
Perhaps, yes.
"Perhaps", Yes, lets tar-brush the entire USA as 'perhaps' having no 'self respect', 'mutual respect' or 'respect for the police'.

95% of the fools piling on to this discussion are not American. So I typed the nationality of the flag listed with the usernames + 'police brutality'.

I got some pretty disturbing and recent news items for each Country you shit heads claim to come from.

Point being, go clean up your own stinking Country before you pile on and US bash at the first opportunity.

You're kind of bumming me out Felgerkarb...........don't be a US apologist to these tools who love to pile on to any negative US news item, whilst their own countries are abject shit-shows........most posters here come from inconsequential countries that don't make the global news......... therefore the negative aspects aren't showcased daily........but do a news search and it's there in all it's ugliness.

Hey freightdog, felgerkarb and the rest of you shitheads..........I am American, and where I grew up, we had and have plenty of respect for the police, self respect and mutual respect.

You're not going to define the entirety of my Country this way and have it go unchallenged.

You non Americans, go look in a fucking mirror. There's plenty about your own countries to pontificate about.

Go do that.
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

All I can say with mathematical certainty is that US cops are a force to reckon with. Probably the best on this planet. Dependable when most needed.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Americans are well aware of our shortcomings as a country, and the better angels among the populous are working to overcome them.

You keyboard Statesmen, looking down your nose at the US are laughable.

Do you see me posting negative news items from your countries?(believe me, they exist) No, because it's fucking rude.

I don't go to someones house and take a dump on their floor.

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

BLM changed everything.

Suddenly, the police became ‘the enemy’. It also changed society. Disobedient children who would have otherwise gotten a backhand or paddling on the spot for misbehaving from any nearby parent, now require police intervention.

Because my little child is perfect, how dare anyone think otherwise. Suddenly cops are the first line to maintain order, not the last resort.

What needs to be done can no longer be done.

Even the cops don’t know the politically correct action to typical problems.

All under the constant scrutiny of people who consider them ‘the enemy’.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Brody wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:02 am
Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:36 am
Freightdog wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:20 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:12 pm I spent some time in Germany, and I note the people there (at least in those days) respected the police...unlike the USA.
Respect just for the police, or a wider self- and mutual respect?
Perhaps, yes.
"Perhaps", Yes, lets tar-brush the entire USA as 'perhaps' having no 'self respect', 'mutual respect' or 'respect for the police'.

95% of the fools piling on to this discussion are not American. So I typed the nationality of the flag listed with the usernames + 'police brutality'.

I got some pretty disturbing and recent news items for each Country you shit heads claim to come from.

Point being, go clean up your own stinking Country before you pile on and US bash at the first opportunity.

You're kind of bumming me out Felgerkarb...........don't be a US apologist to these tools who love to pile on to any negative US news item, whilst their own countries are abject shit-shows........most posters here come from inconsequential countries that don't make the global news......... therefore the negative aspects aren't showcased daily........but do a news search and it's there in all it's ugliness.

Hey freightdog, felgerkarb and the rest of you shitheads..........I am American, and where I grew up, we had and have plenty of respect for the police, self respect and mutual respect.

You're not going to define the entirety of my Country this way and have it go unchallenged.

You non Americans, go look in a fucking mirror. There's plenty about your own countries to pontificate about.

Go do that.
I hear you, brother. I just don't care to spar over issues with people that have already made up their minds. I can see the implicit anti-Americanism in most posts that trot out the latest whatever. I did see a greater mutual respect for authority in Germany, but of course, that is in their nature, unlike Americans who as a rule are immediately suspicious of authority. Although the utter disrespect for authority I see now in the USA is troubling to me in its blind destructiveness to the moral fiber of the nation.

Anyway, I try to demonstrate through my actions in my life what kind of American I am and will continue to do so.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:12 am I did see a greater mutual respect for authority in Germany
Great.....probably easier to have with their population numbers.

America is huge.......its population is huge.....its States are diverse and different.

Making an across the board correlation with a small country like Germany is disingenuous and proliferates a distorted narrative.

If you non American guys want to discuss the merits of this particular news item........fill your fucking boots........but don't start making sweeping statements about my country in its entirety. You don't know what you're fucking talking about.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:54 am BLM changed everything.

Suddenly, the police became ‘the enemy’. It also changed society. Disobedient children who would have otherwise gotten a backhand or paddling on the spot for misbehaving from any nearby parent, now require police intervention.

Because my little child is perfect, how dare anyone think otherwise. Suddenly cops are the first line to maintain order, not the last resort.

Even the cops don’t know the _____ correct action to typical problems.

Fixed it for you.
This has nothing to do with politics though news and parties would have you believe so.
There are plenty of examples of disproportionate response from law enforcement.
There are also plenty of examples of cops who do well.

We just need to make cops a part of the community again, not an overseer.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Apollo91881 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:38 am We just need to make cops a part of the community again, not an overseer.
That's a good point.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Brody wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:45 am
Apollo91881 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:38 am We just need to make cops a part of the community again, not an overseer.
That's a good point.
Agreed. They are not social workers and even thirty years ago when I was learning the ropes, fully half the calls were pretty much social work.

We also need communities to be communities again, not shirk responsibility for your community to "authorities".
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:54 am BLM changed everything.

Even the cops don’t know the politically correct action to typical problems.

wtf:: :facepalm:
we were calling them pigs back in 66-67>>
I respect the job they do, but to many become cops for all the wrong reason
currently not enough sensitivity training ( if there ever was)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic