9-Year-Old Girl Handcuffed, Pepper-Sprayed By Police

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Handcuffed, Pepper-Sprayed By Police

Post by ergosemper »

Shame but their country, their system. Meddling just raises your blood pressure.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Nothing said or meant about nationality.
Talking about the act and the thinking.
Since when was child abuse and policing practices off the discussion list?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Re ^^ 'just seen some of the other posts and given the context of Emms crashing other topics with US stuff, i'll drop it for now.

(But, PS. on the other hand. USA ain't never gonna build a wall no matter how snowflake some want to get.
It is still leader of the Free World. Some of our countries go to war with them every single time - and so we have genuine legit interests in where it is all going.
imo only)
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

I found the video hard to watch, but....

Before I joined the Army and ended up here on my adventures, I was a cadet in the local police department. I spent my last summer before I joined the Army as a trainee cadet. I went on many calls a night for three months. The worst were always domestic calls...the worst. You never knew what you were going to get...and always the same people over and over again. One night, calm and agreeable, the next, the husband comes at me with a knife. Multiple cars on a domestic is not unusual.

I feel terrible for the good cops out there dealing with this shit nowadays...already a tough job, then add in the new anti cop furor...
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Felgerkarb wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:53 pm I found the video hard to watch, but....

Before I joined the Army and ended up here on my adventures, I was a cadet in the local police department. I spent my last summer before I joined the Army as a trainee cadet. I went on many calls a night for three months. The worst were always domestic calls...the worst. You never knew what you were going to get...and always the same people over and over again. One night, calm and agreeable, the next, the husband comes at me with a knife. Multiple cars on a domestic is not unusual.

I feel terrible for the good cops out there dealing with this shit nowadays...already a tough job, then add in the new anti cop furor...
I am not against cops but I think something is wrong in a society where cops have to roll like that. I am German and even though I haven’t lived there much, I do know that police there hardly ever pull a weapon, mace people, or choke folks to death. At least in first-world countries, these seems to be very much an American problem.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

hanno wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:32 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:53 pm I found the video hard to watch, but....

I am not against cops but I think something is wrong in a society where cops have to roll like that. I am German and even though I haven’t lived there much, I do know that police there hardly ever pull a weapon, mace people, or choke folks to death. At least in first-world countries, these seems to be very much an American problem.
The UK is not immune to, shall we say, police brutality. I think the modern upsurge of authoritarian force is more linked to smart/camera phones and the speed at which these things are filmed, then hit the internet and are viewed/shared. In the days of yore, it might have been the policeman's word vs. the word of the 'victim'* or witness. (*I hate to use the word victim, but I can't be arsed to think of another word, until now, so we shall also use 'recipient'.)

Over a pint many moons ago, a friend of mine told how another pal of his, (a copper), attended a domestic disturbance in the UK. Nice part of the country too, leafy suburbia etc. Wife was being kicked 3 shades from Sunday by her husband. Long story short, husband got nicked and cuffed and stuffed in to a meat wagon. The abused wife, whilst being questioned, then stabbed my mate's pal in the ribs with a steak knife from their kitchen. For arresting her darling hubby. (This was in the days before stab vests so it's going back a bit.) Police come in for some stick at times (and I am by no means defending them) but they also have to put up with some extremes too, and may make some poor decisions under pressure.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

hanno wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:32 pm

I spent some time in Germany, and I note the people there (at least in those days) respected the police...unlike the USA.
===============
--Brother Theodore
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Felgerkarb wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:12 pm I spent some time in Germany, and I note the people there (at least in those days) respected the police...unlike the USA.
Respect just for the police, or a wider self- and mutual respect?
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:20 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:12 pm I spent some time in Germany, and I note the people there (at least in those days) respected the police...unlike the USA.
Respect just for the police, or a wider self- and mutual respect?
Perhaps, yes.
===============
--Brother Theodore
Kohker
BANNED
Austria

Post by Kohker »

They just can't follow directions can they.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic