CDC Investment Approvals for 2021

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Re: CDC Investment Approvals for 2021

Post by BillDoe »

Invest in my lightbulb factory bong, we have a bright future ahead of us
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia's CDC approves 70 projects worth $2.428 bn in H1 2021
06 Jul '21

The Council for the Development of Cambodia (CDC) approved 70 projects with a total capital investment of $2.428 billion in the first half of this year, as reflected in CDC statements issued on social media from January to June. It approved 29 investment projects in textiles, garments, footwear and travel products with a capital investment of $194.71 million.

The council also gave green signal to four furniture plants with a capital investment of $55.6 million, according to a top newspaper in the country.

Read more...

Fibre2Fashion News Desk (DS)https://www.fibre2fashion.com/news/appa ... fashion%29
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia approves projects that will create 9,500 jobs
The Council for the Development of Cambodia (CDC) has approved eight new projects worth US$71.4 million expected to create over 9,500 jobs.
By: Claire Lee | August 4, 2021

The CDC has issued final registration certificates to Remstex Fashion, Top Form (Cambodia) Manufacturing, New Wide Apparel, General Enterprises Garment (Cambodia), Sortics Alliance, Hong Cen Max Leather Products, Cathaya (Cambodia) and CK Sports.

Five companies – Remstex Fashion, Top Form, New Wide Apparel, General Enterprises and Sortics Alliance – will set up garment factories. The five companies will together create about 89% or 8,452 of the total number of new jobs.

Remstex Fashion’s investment of US$6 million in Takeo province is expected to create 1,929 jobs, Top Form’s US$9.5 million in Kandal province will employ 850 people, New Wide Apparel’s US$33 million in Kandal province will create 3,700 positions, General Enterprises’ project, also in Kandal province, will add 937 jobs, and Sortics Alliance’s US$5.2 million in Kampong Chhanang’s Samaki Meanchey district will create 1,036 positions.

Hong Cen Max is investing US$2.6 million to build a bag-and-belt factory in Kandal province and aims to create 676 jobs. Cathaya’s US$2.8-million textile factory in Sihanoukville will hire around 170 people.

CK Sports’ US$5-million factory will make footwear and sports equipment in the Manhattan Special Economic Zone in Bavet City, Svay Rieng Province and will provide work for around 210 locals.
https://hrmasia.com/cambodia-approves-p ... 9500-jobs/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:19 pm New Wide Apparel
Hot Copper Top Stock Tips

Buy.

Skinny jeans, tight belly-showing shirts and thin narrow mean-hearted collars are finally on the way out
and a big shouldered, double-breasted suit with a loud wide colourful tie always looks fab!
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:46 am

Buy.

Skinny jeans, tight belly-showing shirts and thin narrow mean-hearted collars are finally on the way out
and a big shouldered, double-breasted suit with a loud wide colourful tie always looks fab!
Haha, hate to disappoint you, Stern. New Wide (旭荣) have been my clients for over 10 years and I know the Taiwanese owners very well. They currently produce very tight :D garments for Lululemon and UA. That’s also the primary reason why they are opening in Cambodia. Their American buyers haven’t been too happy about most of their goods coming from their factories in Jiangsu province.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

theKid wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:06 am

Buy.

Haha, hate to disappoint you, Stern. New Wide (旭荣) have been my clients for over 10 years and I know the Taiwanese owners very well. They currently produce very tight :D garments for Lululemon and UA. That’s also the primary reason why they are opening in Cambodia. Their American buyers haven’t been too happy about most of their goods coming from their factories in Jiangsu province.
Am I right in thinking that most of these garment factories are Chinese owned and locate here because land and wages are lower than in China, and they can export to the EU, UK with zero tariffs under the EBA arrangements?

In other words not, Made in China but Made in Cambodia (but profits sent to China).
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:37 am

Buy.

Am I right in thinking that most of these garment factories are Chinese owned and locate here because land and wages are lower than in China,
This, and for the Crazy Friday Specials at Harry’s.
There are quite a few Taiwanese and HK owned factories as well but you are right, most of them are from the mainland. EBA is under threat but even without it it‘s still far cheaper here than in China. Many also get kicked out of their locations at home because local govs don’t want that industry around anymore. Finding sufficiant workers in China willing to work in a germent factory is another problem.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

No surprise there then. It was a forgone conclusion that Chinese factories would relocate to get around new laws.

Still. If it employs locals then all good? Right, or wrong?
People of the world, spice up your life.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

theKid wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:59 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:37 am

Buy.

Am I right in thinking that most of these garment factories are Chinese owned and locate here because land and wages are lower than in China,
This, and for the Crazy Friday Specials at Harry’s.
There are quite a few Taiwanese and HK owned factories as well but you are right, most of them are from the mainland. EBA is under threat but even without it it‘s still far cheaper here than in China. Many also get kicked out of their locations at home because local govs don’t want that industry around anymore. Finding sufficiant workers in China willing to work in a germent factory is another problem.
I wasn't going to suggest that Crazy Friday's could be a big draw for them, but you might be right. (I get told off when I plug Harry's endlessly. This is despite the fact that Harry's are now an advertiser on CEO.)

I used to buy car wheels, air con units and fireworks from China from 2005-9. It was an experience I'll never forget! I knew then that factory wages were on the way up and garments were not what they were into anymore, except the fake stuff of course. Bangladesh, Pakistan and Vietnam were the place to go and of course Cambodia. Given the choice I would pick Cambodia in a heartbeat.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia's CDC approves two projects worth $5.5 mn
19 Aug '21
The Council for the Development of Cambodia (CDC) recently approved two new investment projects worth a combined $5.5 million. Collaboration Packaging Material Products Co Ltd will build a factory in the Ang Snoul district of Kandal province to make parts for bags and footwear.

Read more...

https://www.fibre2fashion.com/news/appa ... fashion%29

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic