A moving fixer

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

A moving fixer

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Do you think many people would pay for a know it all type of fixer to help them settle in the first few dats/weekend they arrive? Some people love the adventure, some don't and hate the rocky transition. What do you all think?
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: A moving fixer

Post by logos »

You mean relocation services. Not a bad business in the West as expats often come with their family in tow, need a house near the school, need a good school for the kids, etc.

However I see very few of those expats in Pp, most are cheap refugees from Thailand or broke would - be teflers.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

plus anyone that had a job before they arrived the company ( or school) would assist
otherwise ur stuck with cheap skates who i doubt would pay..

Facebook is there to assist so many with homes/jobs/things for buy an sell.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

One of the banner advertisers here on CEO offers a relocation service http://www.everythingaboutcambodia.com/
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Wasn't vlad looking at this for a while?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Rama wrote:One of the banner advertisers here on CEO offers a relocation service http://www.everythingaboutcambodia.com/
He/She must be doing well out of it. </sarcasm>

None of the 'Relocation Assistance' links work. %)
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

Yeah, I was going to comment about the general state of the site but as they're advertisers didn't want to be rude.
No reason the OP shouldn't give it a whirl.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

I just like throwing out business ideas to an Internet forum. Great, diverse test Market we all are... Except for gender.. Male dominant.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Does the OP fancy himself a know it all?
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I think you need a critical mass of expat wives for this to succeed.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic