Vietnam to increase standard quarantine period to 21 days: Deputy PM

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Vietnam to increase standard quarantine period to 21 days: Deputy PM

Post by phuketrichard »

NOT good news for Vietnam..
Vietnam’s standard Covid-19 quarantine period will be increased from 14 to 21 days following the detection Thursday of 84 new community transmissions, the highest recorded in a single day to date.
The 84 new cases were recorded in northern provinces of Hai Duong and Quang Ninh. Among them were a 34-year-old woman working for Vietnam Poyun Electronics Co., Ltd. in Hai Duong and a 31-year-old man who works at the Van Don International Airport in Quang Ninh.
https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/vietn ... fKpfokGlPA
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Vietnam to increase standard quarantine period to 21 days: Deputy PM

Post by hanno »

Not good at all, especially with Tet (Vietnamese New Year) coming up and people travelling all over the place.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

hanno wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:21 pm Not good at all, especially with Tet (Vietnamese New Year) coming up and people travelling all over the place.
Do you think Vietnam have managed things well to date Hanno ?
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Given that 14 days was the median point in the known data regarding infection and displaying symptoms, from early on, I am a little surprised, and a little relieved that this hadn’t been made the standard, sooner.
No doubt, the Cambodian ministry of helping their mates Hotels stay viable and their connections in the what was the tourism industry might like to cash in on this. I sincerely hope not.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:33 pm
hanno wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:21 pm Not good at all, especially with Tet (Vietnamese New Year) coming up and people travelling all over the place.
Do you think Vietnam have managed things well to date Hanno ?
I believe so, these are the first locally transmitted cases in over 2 months. This one came as a bit of a shocker and obviously most of Vietnam will be on the move soon as the New Year approaches. I expect quite a lock-down coming.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

Vietnam have not "managed well". The idea that the virus is being "managed" is an illusion. No government action has any influence on the virus (see University of Grenoble study). Vietnam has largely escaped the virus due to the same factors present in Cambodia: geography, demographics, and general health. The fact that these were community transmissions shows that the virus is present among the population but nobody is sick since well over 90% of cases have no symptoms. The government does random tests and occasionally discovers a few cases. Naturally the government has taken action completely unrelated to the "outbreak" clearly indicating that hysteria still rules.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

samrong01 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:26 am Vietnam have not "managed well". The idea that the virus is being "managed" is an illusion. No government action has any influence on the virus (see University of Grenoble study). Vietnam has largely escaped the virus due to the same factors present in Cambodia: geography, demographics, and general health. The fact that these were community transmissions shows that the virus is present among the population but nobody is sick since well over 90% of cases have no symptoms. The government does random tests and occasionally discovers a few cases. Naturally the government has taken action completely unrelated to the "outbreak" clearly indicating that hysteria still rules.
You have your opinion and I have mine....
New Zealand tops Lowy Institute list as country with best response to coronavirus, Australia sits eighth
Vietnam comes in as second.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-28/ ... WUKwnN5dwE
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

hanno wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:20 am
samrong01 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:26 am Vietnam have not "managed well". The idea that the virus is being "managed" is an illusion. No government action has any influence on the virus (see University of Grenoble study). Vietnam has largely escaped the virus due to the same factors present in Cambodia: geography, demographics, and general health. The fact that these were community transmissions shows that the virus is present among the population but nobody is sick since well over 90% of cases have no symptoms. The government does random tests and occasionally discovers a few cases. Naturally the government has taken action completely unrelated to the "outbreak" clearly indicating that hysteria still rules.
New Zealand tops Lowy Institute list as country with best response to coronavirus, Australia sits eighth

Thanks Hanno, that was my own impression from the few snippets I've heard on the news in the past. My memory fades with the passing of time but early on I do remember Vietnam acting fast re the outbreak near Hanoi as I had a ticket booked at the time which was cancelled. Later I'm sure I read them exiting quicker than others because of measures taken.

I'd like to support their tourist industry with as early a trip as possible when travel resumes as Vietnam airlines was the only one that returned me a full cash refund without the need to chase them up in a relatively timely manner. :thumb:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:03 am
hanno wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:20 am

Thanks Hanno, that was my own impression from the few snippets I've heard on the news in the past. My memory fades with the passing of time but early on I do remember Vietnam acting fast re the outbreak near Hanoi as I had a ticket booked at the time which was cancelled. Later I'm sure I read them exiting quicker than others because of measures taken.

I'd like to support their tourist industry with as early a trip as possible when travel resumes as Vietnam airlines was the only one that returned me a full cash refund without the need to chase them up in a relatively timely manner. :thumb:
Yes, and I suspect that we are heading for another lockdown. Facemasks are mandatory from today, at least where I live, and all group activities have been cancelled. I do think demographics do play a part, but it would have meant nothing without quick and decisive measures.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

you watch the "2nd wave" hit Vietnam like it did Thailand if they start mass testing
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic