tourists arrested on Koh Phangan and than you wont believe what happened

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: tourists arrested on Koh Phangan and than you wont believe what happened

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I remember reading `a 3 page spread in the Observer all about the islands and the parties, the drink and drugs etc. That was in 1992 and my first thought was sod it too late to go there now. I wish I had visited in the 80s. Oh well I was in the Goa in the early 70s so at least i saw those times before the world shrunk.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:09 pm "i know you - you're that woman with a meaningless degree, a bottom tier husband-hunting job at a merchant bank and will be married next year to a City bloke on the way up, pregnant and wearing Laura Ashley."
or similar”

“Thailand attracts them like flies - but they don't generally last very long in Cambodia.
That vid will be the highpoint of her short stunted unspent youth and forever cherished”
lol. That’s some real Hannibal Lecter style profiling, next you’ll be eating her liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

These are likely tourists that Thailand have done favours for by granting them extended stays on their visas. Demonstrates how clueless they are, you'd think getting caught in the first place might have awoken them to the potential consequences and then they go and act like that and film it. Would it possibly be their legal representation that sent that or the local plod concerned about losing face.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Update : 4,000 Baht fine and a 1 month suspended prison sentence. Probably couldn't go too strong since attention might be drawn to the Hiso DJ Covid super spreader in Bangkok and his partying Hiso crowd against whom no action seems to be have been taken to date.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

All I see is like a bunch of losers at a City Council community centre.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:23 pm Update : 4,000 Baht fine and a 1 month suspended prison sentence. Probably couldn't go too strong since attention might be drawn to the Hiso DJ Covid super spreader in Bangkok and his partying Hiso crowd against whom no action seems to be have been taken to date.
Fortunately no urine tests done..some partygoers would be in deep shite..
work is for people who cant find truffles
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Post by emm »

Koh Pha Ngan partygoers and organiser get a fine and suspended sentences
, January 30, 2021 - The Thaiger

109 partygoers who attended a party at cliff-top bar on Koh Pha Ngan, including 89 foreigners and 22 Thais, have received suspended jail terms and fines for breaking Thailand’s emergency decree and Covid-19 restrictions. A judge sentenced each of the attendees to 1 month in jail, suspended if they have a good behaviour record for a year. He also fined them 4,000 baht each.

Police arrested most of the attendees in a raid Tuesday evening at the ThreeSixtyBar. Among the foreigners arrested were 20 French citizens, 10 Americans and 6 British citizens. Others were from Russia and Switzerland. Everyone was given a Covid-19 test by local health officials. So far all results have come back negative.

As for the Thai organiser and the 2 bartenders, they were given fines of 10,000 baht and a 2 year suspended jail sentence. The party’s organiser claimed he had made an “honest mistake”.

source:
https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/koh- ... -sentences
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

......suspended if they have a good behaviour record for a year.
are they to remain in Thailand for another year?

Thailand just extended those stuck here on visa exempts another 60 days, ( now end of march) those on previous ones still need report to immigration and pay another 1,900 for the extension.

so by that i take it, Thailand will be closed till at least than for non quarantine travel
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic