An Amazing of a Temple

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: An Amazing of a Temple

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:21 pm its to bad that temples outside the Angkor complex dont all just charge individual fees ( like koh ker and Banteay Chhmar do)
otherwise.....

agree as the above;
at the beginning of each video tell if they charge and if so how much or if you need the $37 Angkor ticket ( if so well, that not on my list to visit)
I was out at a village far from Angkor near the Roulous group, and I saw a busted up brick tower nearby and decided to have a look. Seconds later a guy with a badge turned up to check if I had a ticket. Luckily I did have one from my 2 hour visit to Angkor Wat earlier that cost $37 but was paid for by the company. I'd been at Angkor Wat so many times that I spent the whole time exploring all the Gopuras or gate buildings, the one to the south that you can spot in the foliage across the moat as you first approach the temple from Siem Reap is quite impressive. The windows are all blocked up with slots for guns and the huge Buddha figure has been shot so many times in the face that it looks like a sea sponge. 8)

I've been out exploring the countryside a lot in the past year and most of the smaller prasats don't have any charge.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: An Amazing of a Temple

Post by truffledog »

I hope its not a stupid question..but is it really safe to go and wander around those areas in terms of UXO ? I was always shit scared to leave the beaten path...and some of those temples seem to be far off it.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic