North Korea - a silent threat ?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: North Korea - a silent threat ?

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Anyone who's academically studied the DPRK knows they're not really a threat, not are they "rogue", as the media likes to often portray them. People were worried about them years ago, so feel free to dig out my lengthy explanations/comments both here and in K440.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Post by emm »

53 years after capturing a US spy ship in a deadly attack, North Korea is still bragging about its prize

https://www.yahoo.com/news/53-years-cap ... 00436.html
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

techietraveller84 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:48 am If the potential of a South China Sea war keeps you up at night, there might be safer, less anxiety inducing places to live than Cambodia. I'd start with distant, isolated islands like Fiji, Solomon Islands, or even Tonga. No missiles, no COVID.
Wait..maybe others have cottoned on to that idea.. 8)

Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Post by emm »

Thanks Chuck Borris - great movie.

No traffic jams, clean air, orderly people and no junk food....if any. Beautiful women. The foreigners on the Bus Tour seem to have enjoyed their stay as much as i have enjoyed the choreograpy in both of the now closed Pyoengyang Friendship Restaurants in Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh. I never visited the North Korean Restaurant that opened just a few years ago on Bangkok's Sukhumvit Road, it's probably closed now, too. I never visited North Korea which is a bit complicated and....expensive, too. The only way to book a visit to NK is through this Travel Agent in Shanghai, China.
https://koryogroup.com/
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:44 am
techietraveller84 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:48 am If the potential of a South China Sea war keeps you up at night, there might be safer, less anxiety inducing places to live than Cambodia. I'd start with distant, isolated islands like Fiji, Solomon Islands, or even Tonga. No missiles, no COVID.
Wait..maybe others have cottoned on to that idea.. 8)

Good point, which I think is valid for Hawaii and likely Tahiti, but most of Fiji's islands are very quiet, while Solomon Islands and Tonga are hardly on anyone's bucket list, which may just mean they are unknown to the people controlling missiles in North Korea. All fingers crossed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic