Influencers- Lazy sponginging *****

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Influencers- Lazy sponginging *****

Post by Freightdog »

For some unfathomable reason, I just opened a news update received on my ipad. Blame Apple, Adam, the Black Russian I was shlurping, or the first of many happy hour draughts as you wish. Worse still, I skim read a few paragraphs. Feck me- disaster of all disasters, they dropped in the ratings.

Firstly, How the hell does this qualify as news? Has internetty type influencer achieved such a status? Along the same line as a précis of the latest soap opera intrigues meets the criteria of the latest national and international news.

What the hell is an influencer? (This should be treated as a rhetorical question)
When I was growing up, an influence might have not adopted such a sobriquet, let alone used it as a definition or job title.

My ‘influencers’ were the likes of John Pilger, Maggie thatcher, Paddy Ashdown, Leonard Cheshire, Paul Hogan, my Grandfather, among others. You neither are required to agree nor approve. Choose your own. It certainly wasn’t some bronzed bimbo/(whatever the male equivalent might be) that exists on the energy pulses of likes through some internet connection. Do they have some sort of data connection that tickles their egos like some game show applause?
A few generations back, they’d have had unofficial identities as cannon fodder, slapper.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Influencers- Lazy sponginging *****

Post by General Mackevili »

Being an 'influencer' is more of a contribution to society than being some stupid doctor or firefighter these days. Here's some influencers that came to Cambodia not too long ago:

general-chatter/deesha-damien-ashcroft- ... 38358.html
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Influencers- Lazy sponginging *****

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

C'mon, what are you selling Freight?
What overpriced trendy crap are you trying to steer us onto?

These days you gotta be suspicious of everyone that lives a glamorous globetrotting lifestyle like yours.

I know, next thing you'll be posting selfies from the crew immigration line at KLIA and selling us Sampsonite suitcases.
Glamour boy.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Thread drift alert

Post by Freightdog »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:41 am C'mon, what are you selling Freight?
What overpriced trendy crap are you trying to steer us onto?

These days you gotta be suspicious of everyone that lives a glamorous globetrotting lifestyle like yours.

I know, next thing you'll be posting selfies from the crew immigration line at KLIA and selling us Sampsonite suitcases.
Glamour boy.
Talking of KLIA. I nostalgically recall the days when AirAsia were in the cattle sheds on the other end of the airfield. They seemingly moved up market, and suddenly were queueing in the big terminal. Along with far too many other folk.

/drift off
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic