Affordable Dentist

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ProtonRiver
Tourist
Belize

Re: Affordable Dentist

Post by ProtonRiver »

November 2021

Labelle Clinic #77E0, st.110, (close to Riverside end) Phnom Penh. 010 662 669

Hi, I had a crown done (June 2021) for a local Khmer friend at Labelle and everything went really well. It took several visits to complete.

We looked at the X-rays together first to help see the what she needed fixing.
(She had been in pain.)

Dr. Lina Lim explained everything so we knew what was needed. In addition to the crown, she showed us on the x-rays that 9 fillings and an extraction were also needed.

I have also been to Roomchang which was really good, but of course more overheads and more expensive

Labelle Crown cost in this case:

1) The root canal was $50 (but can be $80).

2) We chose the Zirconium crown from Japan for $250.

Total cost for this Japanese crown including post was $300. We were told this was a Japanese Zirconium crown was a strong and high quality material one.

Labelle also have other crowns for $300 and $350 from Europe. So there can be some variation in the price depending on what you ask for. (Note: You can also get cheap $50 crowns, but I have no idea how long they would last.).

Of course prices on all these things can change each year also.

Fillings June 2021:

1) Small $15
2) Larger $20
3) Extraction $20 to $25

Crown Preparation:-root canal first.
The first day in preparation for the crown, she had antibiotics (Amoxycillin)
and a pain killer after the root canal which can be a standard procedure to avoid any infection.
Everything went well and Dr Lina was very patient and helpful, so I wanted to pass on this experience.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Ravensnest wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:55 pm I thought I'd try to give another option which might help someone.

The best dentist I've visited is here in PP. He has practiced here for over 30 years. After college, he first started his carrier in a lab making dental prosthetics. So he knows good work. His lab is great. His prices are Khmer prices. People from many provinces make the trip just to see him.
All of his equipment is state-of-the-art accept his chair, right down to his battery powered hand held x-ray machine that's like a radar gun.

The practise name is in Khmer which I cannot read. He's on st 136 almost diagonally from the smile market a few blocks from riverside. There are 2 dental offices side by side. His is the one furthest from the smile mart with a small dog always leashed to the open front door during hours. Dental room has aircon which is nice and cool.
Opened Saturday and Sunday, and I believe 7 days a week, until 10 pm.
Ravensnest thank you for the above valuable info, I found that shop this morning ( no. 63, Street 136) nothing fancy but the work Chhay Hong Huat did on my teeth was profesional and the result was outstanding and quite affordable.

PS, by the way the small dog still at the door.
Boredom is like a shroud
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

cabron wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:57 pm
Ravensnest wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:55 pm I thought I'd try to give another option which might help someone.

The best dentist I've visited is here in PP. He has practiced here for over 30 years. After college, he first started his carrier in a lab making dental prosthetics. So he knows good work. His lab is great. His prices are Khmer prices. People from many provinces make the trip just to see him.
All of his equipment is state-of-the-art accept his chair, right down to his battery powered hand held x-ray machine that's like a radar gun.

The practise name is in Khmer which I cannot read. He's on st 136 almost diagonally from the smile market a few blocks from riverside. There are 2 dental offices side by side. His is the one furthest from the smile mart with a small dog always leashed to the open front door during hours. Dental room has aircon which is nice and cool.
Ravensnest thank you for the above valuable info, I found that shop this morning ( no. 63, Street 136) nothing fancy but the work Chhay Hong Huat did on my teeth was profesional and the result was outstanding and quite affordable.

PS, by the way the small dog still at the door.
I'm glad I was able to help. I need to see him soon myself. That little girl is soooo spoiled and talks none stop, lol.
Still here, in country...
baki
Tourist

Post by baki »

How much did you pay? Does he speak English too?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic