Affordable Dentist

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Affordable Dentist

Post by Matty9999 »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:07 pm
Matty9999 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:48 am I just got a response from Labelle its $350 max for a crown and $30 to $60 for a root Canal. My current dentist is japanese and of course shes good but a bit pricey. I was quoted $180 for root canal redo and $550 for crown. I got some other fillings that were about 70 to 110 if im not mistaken per each.
Does the $180 for root canal include the 'post' upon which the crown is mounted? If it's a front tooth they can grind and shape the tooth to be the post, but a rear one will, I think, require a post to be fitted and the crown mounted on that.

My root canal was about $100 and the post another $120.
Good question im not sure if that includes the post in the $550. Just to compare the prices in the USA, for Brooklyn NY, my old dentist charged $800 for a root canal, although thats without insurance thats easy to get, and $800 for a crown, and the post was $100. Fillings are around $100 to $300 each depending on how big they are, and implants are around $2000 to $4000 depending on skill level and type. A checkup is $100 to $150.

At the office in PP, a regular root canal is actually $130 but this was a root canal REDO because my previous dentist had aready attempted a root canal on it and that partially didnt work due to the fact that the filling came off it, so shes trying again.

On top of this i lost a tooth here in PP, an upper left (but when you look at me, you cant see it) maybe ill just leave that for another country and get the rest done here.

It looks like Labelle has excellent reviews online so thats mostly what i trust.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

No one specific. Obviously, each graduating class graduates and moves out in to either public or private practice so the names change.

But given that there are, believe it or not, seven (7) dental schools in Cambodia, this is the top rating dental school and the quality assurance comes from having a New Zealander Professor of Dentistry as the Dean of Dentistry.

But as the title of this post was "Affordable Dentist" my posting is highly relevant.

OML
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:16 am
Kammekor wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:39 am
Matty9999 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:55 am Hey guys looking for an affordable dentist. Current dentist in Phnom Penh is quoting me $550 for a Zirconium crown which seems a bit expensive. Does anyone know a more affordable place that wont wreck my teeth? thanks ive heard of roomchang but of course that is also expensive.
Labelle, street 110. They have dual pricing system but are still relatively cheap.
Mrs Cargo recently got her teeth cleaned by Dr Lina at Labelle following my suggestion from reading positive expat reports of this place. She went there for the convenience factor coz her regular guy that she goes to is much further away. Anyway, she got a quote for $15 which is the same price as what her regular guy charges (I wasn't around so that they wouldn't charge her barang price).

So she went ahead with Labelle however she wasn't happy coz they just did a a quick 10 min clean. Her previous regular dentist would give a much more thorough clean lasting approx 30 mins according to her. So, next time she'll go back to that guy. I don't know the prices here but $15 for a quick 10 min clean does seem a bit steep for a khmer?

I wasn't sure whether to share this info or not...especially as the OP is looking for much more serious work.
Are you sure it was 10 USD? I go there every 3 month for a clean and 10 USD in the price for Khmer I pay, for foreigners they charge 15.

I've had cleaning in the West and I think the cleaning @ Labelle is just as good as my Western dentist did it, at a fraction of the price.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

If you are in Siem Reap I went to dentist down by the river (near the road from the National Museum) and got a crown for around $50. I think he did root canal as well and this may have been another $50 or so. This was a few years ago and the crown has been excellent. It was to replace a crown that I had paid a lot more for in Malaysia that fell out after a few months. The crown was for a back tooth and was made from "American gold" which obviously is not real gold. I would go back to the same dentist again. He is an older guy and does not have a fancy clinic like some of the new clinics. Still his equipment seems fine.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:23 am
clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:16 am
Kammekor wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:39 am
Matty9999 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:55 am Hey guys looking for an affordable dentist. Current dentist in Phnom Penh is quoting me $550 for a Zirconium crown which seems a bit expensive. Does anyone know a more affordable place that wont wreck my teeth? thanks ive heard of roomchang but of course that is also expensive.
Labelle, street 110. They have dual pricing system but are still relatively cheap.
Mrs Cargo recently got her teeth cleaned by Dr Lina at Labelle following my suggestion from reading positive expat reports of this place. She went there for the convenience factor coz her regular guy that she goes to is much further away. Anyway, she got a quote for $15 which is the same price as what her regular guy charges (I wasn't around so that they wouldn't charge her barang price).

So she went ahead with Labelle however she wasn't happy coz they just did a a quick 10 min clean. Her previous regular dentist would give a much more thorough clean lasting approx 30 mins according to her. So, next time she'll go back to that guy. I don't know the prices here but $15 for a quick 10 min clean does seem a bit steep for a khmer?

I wasn't sure whether to share this info or not...especially as the OP is looking for much more serious work.
Are you sure it was 10 USD? I go there every 3 month for a clean and 10 USD in the price for Khmer I pay, for foreigners they charge 15.

I've had cleaning in the West and I think the cleaning @ Labelle is just as good as my Western dentist did it, at a fraction of the price.
Kammekor- you are indeed correct, it was $10 (not $15). I've since edited my original post to correct that.

Actually, when I originally asked her to confirm the price, I had $10 in mind from memory but she said 'oh no, it was $15' so I sort of accepted it and wrote up the post. Anyway, after your post we since found the receipt for $10. So my mistake for not verifying.

I guess her point re the extent of cleaning remains though but not a huge deal. Cheers for picking that up.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

samrong01 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:20 pm If you are in Siem Reap I went to dentist down by the river (near the road from the National Museum) and got a crown for around $50. I think he did root canal as well and this may have been another $50 or so. This was a few years ago and the crown has been excellent. It was to replace a crown that I had paid a lot more for in Malaysia that fell out after a few months. The crown was for a back tooth and was made from "American gold" which obviously is not real gold. I would go back to the same dentist again. He is an older guy and does not have a fancy clinic like some of the new clinics. Still his equipment seems fine.
I went to a fancy place in siem reap recommended by my landlord ( kampchea dental clinic ) , it was $193 all in paid with ABA plastic
Root canal 44 and I had a choice of 3 different crowns , 1 cheap , 1 medium and one more expensive , I picked the middle called
Free nikel for $149 since i’m not a kid and not planning to be around until the rest of my life
I didn’t ask for a discount but I see on the bill there is a discount option that i guess you have to request to receive 💁🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
P.S. Cute assistants 🙃😊😷😉😉😉😉
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

pissontheroof wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:26 am
samrong01 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:20 pm If you are in Siem Reap I went to dentist down by the river (near the road from the National Museum) and got a crown for around $50. I think he did root canal as well and this may have been another $50 or so. This was a few years ago and the crown has been excellent. It was to replace a crown that I had paid a lot more for in Malaysia that fell out after a few months. The crown was for a back tooth and was made from "American gold" which obviously is not real gold. I would go back to the same dentist again. He is an older guy and does not have a fancy clinic like some of the new clinics. Still his equipment seems fine.
I went to a fancy place in siem reap recommended by my landlord ( kampchea dental clinic ) , it was $193 all in paid with ABA plastic
Root canal 44 and I had a choice of 3 different crowns , 1 cheap , 1 medium and one more expensive , I picked the middle called
Free nikel for $149 since i’m not a kid and not planning to be around until the rest of my life
I didn’t ask for a discount but I see on the bill there is a discount option that i guess you have to request to receive 💁🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
P.S. Cute assistants 🙃😊😷😉😉😉😉
You are lucky, this beats my $730 Japanese dentist, maybe ill switch.
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

Post by pauloxleyisland »

Try Smile Dental on the crn 184 and 19. My wife got about $30000 worth of work done (on AU prices) for $2000 US. Work included front porcelain implants, root canals, crowns, and various fillings. The guy is Canadian trained and now trains students at uni. Clean, professional practice right up to western standards.
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

pauloxleyisland wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:52 pm Try Smile Dental on the crn 184 and 19. My wife got about $30000 worth of work done (on AU prices) for $2000 US. Work included front porcelain implants, root canals, crowns, and various fillings. The guy is Canadian trained and now trains students at uni. Clean, professional practice right up to western standards.
Would you know the individual price of implants? I have a Khmer friend with a missing tooth and no money. I have offered to pay for it if not too expensive but I have no idea of the price here. A few years back my ex-wife had an implant in Auckland NZ for $2400 (I paid for that too).
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

Post by pauloxleyisland »

No idea on the individual prices, maybe get your friend to give them a call and inquire. I just know the total price I paid was about 10% of what the cost would of been in AU
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic