Man lived inside Chicago's airport for 3 months due to fear of COVID-19

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man lived inside Chicago's airport for 3 months due to fear of COVID-19

Post by Clutch Cargo »

A California man who police said claimed to be too afraid to fly due to COVID-19 hid out for three months in a secured area of O'Hare International Airport until his weekend arrest, prosecutors said Sunday.

Aditya Singh, 36, is charged with felony criminal trespass to a restricted area of an airport and misdemeanor theft.

In bond court Sunday, prosecutors said Singh arrived at O'Hare on a flight from Los Angeles on Oct. 19 and allegedly has lived in the airport's security zone ever since, without detection.

Early Saturday afternoon, two United Airlines employees approached Singh and asked to see his identification. Assistant State's Attorney Kathleen Hagerty said Singh lowered his face mask and showed them an airport ID badge that he was wearing around his neck.

The badge actually belonged to an operations manager who had reported it missing Oct. 26. The employees called 911. Police took Singh into custody Saturday morning in Terminal 2 near Gate F12.

Full: https://www.traveller.com.au/man-lived- ... d19-h1tfh6
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Man lived inside Chicago's airport for 3 months due to fear of COVID-19

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

That's a film deal.

I've done three continuous nights at Gatwick, and many times overnighted at Kl LCCT. You could sleep in the massage chairs near the check-in counters in the far left corner of the LCCT if you pulled the plug out of the wall, otherwise the chairs would beep loudly when you sat in them for more than two to three minutes without putting coins in. I showed the security guards how to pull the plug on them and it became a regular spot for the guards take a break late at night. Don't say I don't give back.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

There is a bloke from the DRC who has been living in ICN (Seoul) Airport Terminal 1 since February 2020, I have transited through there 4 times since June and every time he approaches me to tell me his story and ask for a few dollars for something to eat.

Apparently he was travelling to Sth Korea to claim
refugee status, but was denied entry as he obviously didn't have a Visa and wasn't eligible for a Visa in Arrival, and he couldn't afford a flight elsewhere, so now he is stuck no-mans land. (Something like that anyway, I was always tired and half cut whenever he approached me so wasn't really paying much attention).

Not sure why he chose Sth Korea to try and claim refugee status? Apparently his case is under review.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Felony trespass my a$$, if that story is true I hope he gets released promptly.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:34 pm You could sleep in the massage chairs near the check-in counters in the far left corner of the LCCT if you pulled the plug out of the wall
You devious bastard. And all these years i have been sleeping on the floor behind those machines.
- and thinking i was the cool dude.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic