NKOTB & his Khmer Missus adventures in Texas

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Things available in Cambodia and not elsewhere.

Post by pissontheroof »

Yerg wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:09 pm Other things available in Cambodia and not anywhere else. Cough medicine induced Azoospermia and small laundry bills.
Jeeazus I got some medicine at a pharmacy the other day that knocked the bejeebers out of me . had to go back for more ,
Glad to have the packaging because I forgot what I said I had to get the prescription in the first place .
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

if it is any good please share with photo
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:57 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:37 pm Twin (two) lobster dinner was $22 eat in and $28 take out (or take away in British). About 600-800 grams each. So about 1.5 kilograms of delicious lobster.
That's very reasonable. You know you can get a lobster dinner here for like a dollar?
Huge lobster dinners for one dollar, not including drinks, are still available in Yangon. But they've decided to leave the "family of nations" again so travel there is probably gonna be crappy for a while. Good to know they can be had in Cambodia but with that crappy $2,000 deposit, that's 2,000 fewer lobster dinners for me. Does that include drinks?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Arget wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:50 pm if it is any good please share with photo

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Valentine’s Day.

Decided to surprise the missus. With preserved flowers and a card. She almost threw them away accidentally 2 days ago, just after I had finished wrapping them.

Then she wanted to practice driving.
So off to the mall we went. So she could do laps around the mall and practice parking.

It was 2 degrees C and drizzling.

The drizzles eventually turned into this..

At -7 degrees C. Taken at 6 AM and 9 AM

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone.

Please stay safe out there.

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:00 pm
It was 2 degrees C and drizzling...The drizzles eventually turned into this..
I had to stop reading at that point, is it safe to read the rest? :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

John Bingham wrote:I had to stop reading at that point, is it safe to read the rest? :?
Very unsafe.

-7 degrees C wrecked havoc on everything. Burst pipes everywhere, even the city’s water main, necessitating an entire city water shut down for days, and a continuing water boil notice ever since then. In some areas, power (aka heat) cut off for days and weeks. People froze to death in their homes. Others burned coal inside their house or ran the car inside and died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

People were getting water from roof tops, boiling snow on the ground, water from drainage ditches.

Home was without water for weeks. Water restored 2 weeks ago, with hot water a few days ago.

Bathing using wet cloth wipes to conserve water, then graduated to bucket baths as cold water became more available. Toilet flushes limited to absolute necessity (10-12 liters/flush). Lots of fragrance spray.

Hot water was turned on last week. Hot water to the washing machine, 2 days ago. Unfortunately the freeze destroyed the pipes in the outdoor washing machine, so hot water poured into it all the time. So it came to this.

Missus was back to hand washing clothes.
She’s an angel, bless her.

Tomorrow the appliance store will haul a way the broken machine. It was a good LG and served faithfully for many years. Never a problem. To be replaced with the lowest end cheapest washing machine I could find. $700+ dollars.

Please stay safe everyone.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:36 pm

Very unsafe.

-7 degrees C wrecked havoc on everything. Burst pipes everywhere, even the city’s water main, necessitating an entire city water shut down for days, and a continuing water boil notice ever since then. In some areas, power (aka heat) cut off for days and weeks. People froze to death in their homes. Others burned coal inside their house or ran the car inside and died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

People were getting water from roof tops, boiling snow on the ground, water from drainage ditches.

Home was without water for weeks. Water restored 2 weeks ago, with hot water a few days ago.

Bathing using wet cloth wipes to conserve water, then graduated to bucket baths as cold water became more available. Toilet flushes limited to absolute necessity (10-12 liters/flush). Lots of fragrance spray.

Hot water was turned on last week. Hot water to the washing machine, 2 days ago. Unfortunately the freeze destroyed the pipes in the outdoor washing machine, so hot water poured into it all the time. So it came to this.
So where did all that prepping get you?
Missus was back to hand washing clothes.
She’s an angel, bless her.
So we've heard. 8)
Tomorrow the appliance store will haul a way the broken machine. It was a good LG and served faithfully for many years. Never a problem. To be replaced with the lowest end cheapest washing machine I could find. $700+ dollars.

Please stay safe everyone.
If you can survive the Texas washing machine massacre you can likely live through the zombie apocalypse, you're doing well.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

No more Master Suki Soup to go to.

So missus made ...

Skillet Suki to enjoy at home!

Please stay safe everyone!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

One thing western countries don’t have...

Hair bands that fit missus’ head.

Infant sized, too small, makes her head hurt after wearing.

Adult sized, falls off her head.

Fancy, bendable into any shape, ‘fits any size’...
... slowly unbends and falls of her head, too...

And they all cost more than $2.50!

Only in Cambodia.

Hair bands that fit a Khmer missus perfectly, every time.

And costs less than a sack of rice.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic