What items are commonly available in your home country but not available in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What items are commonly available in your home country but not available in Cambodia?

Post by DaveG »

To answer OP question,
THIS 😩😩,

Ffs, they need to open the borders soon before I go insane 😩😩
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What items are commonly available in your home country but not available in Cambodia?

Post by pissontheroof »

KunKhmerSR wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:35 pm Decent socks, especially in my size, that hold for a while and not weeks. Only thing I ever ask of family when they come over.
I brought about a million socks , great socks , with me here still in my suitcase ,
10 years ago ...
...tried to give them away for xmas but who wants socks
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:58 am
Grand Barong wrote:No McDonalds Restaurant's which is a GOOD thing.
McDonalds works very hard trying to make their food taste the same everywhere. Even has Hamburger University to set uniform tastes. So a McDonald’s in a far away distant land, tastes the same as the one everyone grew up with. Which can be comforting to travelers looking for a bit of a taste of home.

Trying to see the glass half full.
I prefer burger king here in this kingdom , I remember I had a trip to the land of smiles and had a choice kiddy corner to each other in chiangmai Burger King on one and maccas on the other acrost the street , there wernt none in shitsville so I went on a burger 🍔 binge ! . I switched between them 2 and missed out on some good Thai food there , but here in cambodia 🇰🇭 Burger King is like the oasis in the frickin dessert . I would only go to a macdonald here if they had a special offer .
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

DaveG wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:41 pm To answer OP question,
THIS 😩😩, is root beer.

Ffs, they need to open the borders soon before I go insane 😩😩
FTFY :D
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

What the fuck is an Aussie/Greek hamburger? I hope it has nothing to do with beets.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

Nobody has mentioned shoes. Its very difficult to find shoes larger than size 43 here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic