What items are commonly available in your home country but not available in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cricket99
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: What items are commonly available in your home country but not available in Cambodia?

Post by Cricket99 »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:07 pm Good warranties, Spotify, PayPal, reasonably priced dairy goods.
Spotify is available in Cambodia now, as of last week I believe. Only $2.99 for premium as well.
KunKhmerSR
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: What items are commonly available in your home country but not available in Cambodia?

Post by KunKhmerSR »

Decent socks, especially in my size, that hold for a while and not weeks. Only thing I ever ask of family when they come over.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

They have some okay socks at Decathlon.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

No McDonalds Restaurant's which is a GOOD thing.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Grand Barong wrote:No McDonalds Restaurant's which is a GOOD thing.
McDonalds works very hard trying to make their food taste the same everywhere. Even has Hamburger University to set uniform tastes. So a McDonald’s in a far away distant land, tastes the same as the one everyone grew up with. Which can be comforting to travelers looking for a bit of a taste of home.

Trying to see the glass half full.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

You are a better man than me, Nuke. ^^^
McDonalds and optimism will probably save your life one day.

I'm gonna die of starvation on a street full of Macca's.
Desperately optimistic that the real Aussie/Greek hamburger (the best in the world) will one day come back - and still cursing McDonalds with my very last breath.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

Potting mix
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Me.
these days

Grrr...
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:22 amPotting mix
Lucky Premium at Exchange Square used to have it. And then they downsized their store and no longer stock it. Is there another Lucky Premium around? Or maybe the big Lucky (formerly Giant) near Olympic Stadium might have it.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

In the Kingdom, Guinness extra cold on tap is missing. It's a mediocre existence with such hardships, made all the worse by the fact that over here in the other Kingdom, it's a social crime, bordering on insurrection to even harbour thoughts of venturing outside for such trifling matters. All the pubs are closed, though. So that's ok-ish.

In the reverse direction, Root Beer never took off properly in the UK. There were a couple of nasty facsimiles of it, and Bunderbuggerer is occasionally available. During my last stay in Phnom Penh, AW root beer started to get scarce. It's all chipping away at my desire to be a model citizen, if not my will to live.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic