National Rifle Assoc. declares bankruptcy

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
emm
Expatriate
Austria

National Rifle Assoc. declares bankruptcy

Post by emm »

Believe it or not, the powerfull Weapons Lobby in the US represented by the NRA is filing for Bankruptcy ! Perhaps they don't see a bright future with Trump leaving and .... with the second impeachment perhaps never can come back (unless he is tied to a Boomerang)

(Reuters) - The National Rifle Association on Friday filed for bankruptcy, a sudden development that could help the gun rights group escape a lawsuit by New York’s attorney general seeking its dissolution.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN29K2LV
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: National Rifle Assoc. declares bankruptcy

Post by whatwat »

I don’t believe it.
The first paragraph gives a clue why they are doing it. The third paragraph clearly states the NRA are solvent.

You’re the CNN of CEO.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

challenge to whatwat are you going to explicate your critique at all? this reuters press release falls under the non fiction slot. what about it? what have we got here on this new post? out with it or mod edit it out, whatwat adds nothing here-
oh, does CNN let you down ? start a thread big man let s here all about it .... CHALLENGE
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

emm wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:01 pm Believe it or not, the powerfull Weapons Lobby in the US represented by the NRA is filing for Bankruptcy ! Perhaps they don't see a bright future with Trump leaving and .... with the second impeachment perhaps never can come back (unless he is tied to a Boomerang)

(Reuters) - The National Rifle Association on Friday filed for bankruptcy, a sudden development that could help the gun rights group escape a lawsuit by New York’s attorney general seeking its dissolution.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN29K2LV
The NRA are filing for bankruptcy in NY so they can escape a NY lawsuit and move their base to Texas. At least that's what your link says. :dm:
Filing for bankruptcy can be used as a means of escaping legal obligations. It doesn't mean that they are broke.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Ah well, at least some are still living the dream
philip.smith
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by philip.smith »

Schools being closed have really hurt their business. 🤷‍♂️
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

bossho wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:27 pm challenge to whatwat are you going to explicate your critique at all? this reuters press release falls under the non fiction slot. what about it? what have we got here on this new post? out with it or mod edit it out, whatwat adds nothing here-
oh, does CNN let you down ? start a thread big man let s here all about it .... CHALLENGE
What kind of person fails to capitalise the first letter of his sentences or names, yet uses words like Explicate? Have you been saving that one up to use on someone? I had to look it up, so I am impressed.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:46 pm The NRA are filing for bankruptcy in NY so they can escape a NY lawsuit and move their base to Texas.
"Fucking illegals. Stay out of Texas
That are going to disregard our culture, destroy our cities, form fucking gangs, kill each other, be a drain on our fucking welfare systems that are already near the point of breaking, and take jobs away from Americans that NEED jobs right now.

You know, Biden can make them American Citizens, but that doesn't mean any states have to accept them as residents. Just don't let them be able to draw from state services. No driver's licenses, no ID's, no welfare, no unemployment, no employment at all in that state.

States need to take their sovereignty back.
People in those areas and near the border should form their own group that rounds these people up if the government won't do it."

Just an idea i pinched off another site
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:10 am
bossho wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:27 pm challenge to whatwat are you going to explicate your critique at all? this reuters press release falls under the non fiction slot. what about it? what have we got here on this new post? out with it or mod edit it out, whatwat adds nothing here-
What kind of person fails to capitalise the first letter of his sentences or names, yet uses words like Explicate? Have you been saving that one up to use on someone? I had to look it up, so I am impressed.
My eyes filled so far up they spun 360 and came back.

The link clearly says why they are doing it. Bankruptcy doesn’t mean insolvent. In business two different things.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

whatwat wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:18 am
Doc67 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:10 am
My eyes filled so far up they spun 360 and came back.

The link clearly says why they are doing it. Bankruptcy doesn’t mean insolvent. In business two different things.
Thanks for the explication :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic