National Rifle Assoc. declares bankruptcy

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: National Rifle Assoc. declares bankruptcy

Post by Yobbo »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:46 pm
emm wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:01 pm Believe it or not, the powerfull Weapons Lobby in the US represented by the NRA is filing for Bankruptcy ! Perhaps they don't see a bright future with Trump leaving and .... with the second impeachment perhaps never can come back (unless he is tied to a Boomerang)

(Reuters) - The National Rifle Association on Friday filed for bankruptcy, a sudden development that could help the gun rights group escape a lawsuit by New York’s attorney general seeking its dissolution.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN29K2LV
The NRA are filing for bankruptcy in NY so they can escape a NY lawsuit and move their base to Texas. At least that's what your link says. :dm:
Filing for bankruptcy can be used as a means of escaping legal obligations. It doesn't mean that they are broke.
Seems nothing has been learnt from the GFC :roll:
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

philip.smith wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:01 am Schools being closed have really hurt their business. 🤷‍♂️
Definitely. Far fewer school shootings, the mainstay of the NRA.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Explixate is an easy enough but more pungent explain. Thus I implored whatwat as to why to why and what specifically is his contest to the OP's post of the Reuters release ? What about the loaded comment about CNN ? Well, we gentle readers just don't know, do we?
To Stern AAblah blahblah, do include source for us going forward. I enjoy your input but it's not clear enough for most of us in this case.

Carry on.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

bossho wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:17 pm Explixate is an easy enough but more pungent explain. Thus I implored whatwat as to why to why and what specifically is his contest to the OP's post of the Reuters release ? What about the loaded comment about CNN ? Well, we gentle readers just don't know, do we?
To Stern AAblah blahblah, do include source for us going forward. I enjoy your input but it's not clear enough for most of us in this case.

Carry on.
Oh No, explicate has mutated to explixate.

Pungent? That'll be the BS.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

bossho wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:17 pm To Stern AAblah blahblah, do include source for us going forward. I enjoy your input but it's not clear enough for most of us in this case.
Yeah, a bit obscure..
Cut and paste from thedonald.com - Texans on the subject of immigrants coming into their state.

(obviously they were not talking about the relocation of the NRA to Texas to avoid legal processes - I just thought i would apply the same principles, in their own words, for a bit fun)

PS, Not only the NRA moving to Texas. There is a big push by readers of thedonald.win and other such sites for all patriots to move there and then secede.
Well, lots of talk by the hot-headed anyway.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

bossho wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:17 pm Explixate is an easy enough but more pungent explain. Thus I implored whatwat as to why to why and what specifically is his contest to the OP's post of the Reuters release ? What about the loaded comment about CNN ? Well, we gentle readers just don't know, do we?

Carry on.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Explixate [/b]is an easy enough but more pungent explain. Thus I implored whatwat as to why to why and what specifically is his contest to the OP's post of the Reuters release ? What about the loaded comment about CNN ? Well, we gentle readers just don't know, do we?

Carry on.

bossho response:
spelling schmelling doc.....I mean oops! guess its easy to get carried away with your X's, feel me?
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Explixate [/b]is an easy enough but more pungent explain. Thus I implored whatwat as to why to why and what specifically is his contest to the OP's post of the Reuters release ? What about the loaded comment about CNN ? Well, we gentle readers just don't know, do we?

Carry on.

bossho response:
spelling schmelling doc.....I mean oops! guess its easy to get carried away with your X's, feel me?
I am at a complete loss as to the meaning of this.
side
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by side »

@bossho are you James Joyce in disguise?
Me, not that other crap.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Hunter Thompson's lawyer?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic