Bank account

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
troelshartmann
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Bank account

Post by troelshartmann »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:22 pm FPCS and Sangkat Registration are two different processes.

To open an ABA account, you need to be at least 18 years old, bring your passport, and only ONE of the following to confirm your residency status;

- minimum 6 month Visa Extension of Stay;

- Proof​ of​ residence​ (house​ rental​ contract.​ certificate​ of residence from Sangkat,​ hotel​ lease/bill)​ including​ a​ minimum​ of​ 6​ months​ tenor​ in​ the​ contract;​ or

- Proof​ of​ employment​ (employment​ contract,​ certificate​ of​ employment)​ indicating​ a​ minimum​ of​ 6​ months​ employment​ or​ business​ license/certificate​ (if​ self-employed).
This thread is a bit old but on the proof of residence, is it any one of the 3 items in brackets or all of them?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

opened a CAB account in July, only showed passport with the year extension.
FYI easy to send/receive wire transfer. $5 charge to receive or send
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

troelshartmann wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:49 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:22 pm FPCS and Sangkat Registration are two different processes.

To open an ABA account, you need to be at least 18 years old, bring your passport, and only ONE of the following to confirm your residency status;

- minimum 6 month Visa Extension of Stay;

- Proof​ of​ residence​ (house​ rental​ contract.​ certificate​ of residence from Sangkat,​ hotel​ lease/bill)​ including​ a​ minimum​ of​ 6​ months​ tenor​ in​ the​ contract;​ or

- Proof​ of​ employment​ (employment​ contract,​ certificate​ of​ employment)​ indicating​ a​ minimum​ of​ 6​ months​ employment​ or​ business​ license/certificate​ (if​ self-employed).
This thread is a bit old but on the proof of residence, is it any one of the 3 items in brackets or all of them?
See in bold
troelshartmann
Expatriate
Australia

Post by troelshartmann »

Yeah I got that, I'm referring to the three items in brackets within the "proof of residence" bullet point. Is it any one of them, like for instance just a house rental contract, or all of them?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

troelshartmann wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:18 am Yeah I got that, I'm referring to the three items in brackets within the "proof of residence" bullet point. Is it any one of them, like for instance just a house rental contract, or all of them?
Perhaps go to the bank and try with what you have and report back
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

troelshartmann wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:18 am Yeah I got that, I'm referring to the three items in brackets within the "proof of residence" bullet point. Is it any one of them, like for instance just a house rental contract, or all of them?
One of them.
troelshartmann
Expatriate
Australia

Post by troelshartmann »

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
carlsagan
Tourist
Russia

Post by carlsagan »

Colleagues of mine are telling me to set up an account with ABA, seems to have a good reputation, does anyone have other recommendations of local banks ?
Thanks in advance for the help guys !
Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality
Happy2
Tourist
St Lucia

Post by Happy2 »

carlsagan wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:43 pm Colleagues of mine are telling me to set up an account with ABA, seems to have a good reputation, does anyone have other recommendations of local banks ?
ABA, ACLEDA, CANADIA are those I’d recommend. They’ve been around long enough and are used to dealing with foreigners.

ACLEDA is the only one requiring you to have a residency letter in my experience. For the other two, you can get an account with just a > 6 months visa.

Dunno if it changes based on passport nationality though.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Happy2 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:22 am
carlsagan wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:43 pm Colleagues of mine are telling me to set up an account with ABA, seems to have a good reputation, does anyone have other recommendations of local banks ?
ABA, ACLEDA, CANADIA are those I’d recommend. They’ve been around long enough and are used to dealing with foreigners.

ACLEDA is the only one requiring you to have a residency letter in my experience. For the other two, you can get an account with just a > 6 months visa.

Dunno if it changes based on passport nationality though.
And from reports these are good for transferring $$ from o/s
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic