Thailand sold itself as a pardise during covid> NOBODY came LOL

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Thailand sold itself as a pardise during covid> NOBODY came LOL

Post by Alex »

They can talk all the talk they want now, but as soon as the gates open once again, GREED will reign supreme as per usual, which simply means they'll milk as much as possible from as many tourists as possible. Damaging mass tourism, reloaded.

I'll enjoy the peace and quiet here in Thailand while it lasts. I've been revisiting many tourism hot spots that I had avoided for years due to being too overrun in my book. Next on my list is Krabi, first time since 2004.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Nah we all thought he was an unhinged nutter who'd gone bush. We weren't wrong.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Alex wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:37 pm They can talk all the talk they want now, but as soon as the gates open once again, GREED will reign supreme as per usual, which simply means they'll milk as much as possible from as many tourists as possible. Damaging mass tourism, reloaded.

I'll enjoy the peace and quiet here in Thailand while it lasts. I've been revisiting many tourism hot spots that I had avoided for years due to being too overrun in my book. Next on my list is Krabi, first time since 2004.
In a nutshell. Everywhere you look the establishment have profited out of this, they are so far removed from the rest of the country they can only remain in power through dictatatorshio. It's amazing how that bastion of world freedom and democracy has never criticised this regime.

It's all about the momey, money , money, Zero principles.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Do these debates about who's the coolest and/or seedyist always turn into circular firing squads? lol I feel like expats could do with sticking together more but I'm not well educated on the character of the long term residents.
:thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic