Thailand sold itself as a pardise during covid> NOBODY came LOL

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailand sold itself as a pardise during covid> NOBODY came LOL

Post by Clutch Cargo »

They've been trying to clean and spruce up their image and reputation for years/decades to change the perception of a cheap, sex vice destination.

They don't want cheap charlies, sex tourists, sexpats, unqualified foreign teachers, expats with no money and health insurance. They've introduced double pricing at hospitals and tougher requirements for expat visas.

And now they'll take rich tourists during covid but exclude others. The writing is on the wall.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:02 pm They don't want cheap charlies, sex tourists, sexpats, unqualified foreign teachers, expats with no money and health insurance.
Good :thumb:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Mr Cynical »

There are none so blind etc etc. All your derogatory comments about Thailand cheap Charlie’s need to open your eyes, the majority of expats in Cambodia now ( except of course the millionaires) are only there because they could not afford to live in Thailand before. Maybe expect a mass exodus to swell your numbers, living in a s******e
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:02 pm
They don't want cheap charlies, sex tourists, sexpats, unqualified foreign teachers, expats with no money and health insurance.
thats rich as those are the ones that seem to make their way to Cambodia

Might add in the druggies that Used to travel to Cambodia to take drugs and die
:beer3:

ahh ur expat tourist in Cambodia
Last edited by phuketrichard on Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

^^ Until now, I'd been labouring under the misapprehension that all Norwegians were polite and well mannered. Until now, that is...
Strawberryshake
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Strawberryshake »

Mr Cynical wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:10 pm There are none so blind etc etc. All your derogatory comments about Thailand cheap Charlie’s need to open your eyes, the majority of expats in Cambodia now ( except of course the millionaires) are only there because they could not afford to live in Thailand before. Maybe expect a mass exodus to swell your numbers, living in a s******e
I personally find Cambodia not at all cheaper then Thailand its just that the visa procedures are less headache in Cambodia.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

The Cheap Charlies are in Vietnam now.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:27 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:02 pm
They don't want cheap charlies, sex tourists, sexpats, unqualified foreign teachers, expats with no money and health insurance.
thats rich as those are the ones that seem to make their way to Cambodia

Might add in the druggies that Used to travel to Cambodia to take drugs and die
:beer3:

You constantly surprise us with your derisive attitude towards Cambodia. I don't even understand your weird knee-jerk reaction there, but just to put you straight nobody was saying anything nasty about your precious Thailand - so calm the hell down. 8)
ahh ur expat tourist in Cambodia

What is that even supposed to mean? Expat tourist? That guy has lived here for almost 30 years and would chew you up and spit you out in seconds. Don't be a bootlicker for the bullshit junta and monarchist suppression. You know there are lese-majeste laws here now as well as in Thailand? You could easily become a persona non grata if you keep being so critical. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I don't really mind all those cheap charlie ex Thai expats shuffling over to Cambodia
- so long as they all stick to hanging out in 50c beer bars and talking about nothing else but the finer details Thailand's changing visa regulations 24/365 - like they always do.

Harmless enough (unless you are easily bored to death), but ffs they are the single most uninteresting cohort of people living on the planet.

:stir:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:33 am Harmless enough (unless you are easily bored to death), but ffs they are the single most uninteresting cohort of people living on the planet.
There are some exceptions, but nearly every foreigner I've ever met who has come here from Thailand has been a seedy, exploitative asshole. They speak some idiotic bar girl pidgin and have very high opinions of themselves, even if they are just two-bit ex-crims. I don't associate with them and it's easy to avoid them so no big deal.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic