HERE IS A LIST OF FORGOTTEN TEMPLES IN CAMBODIA

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
MrB
Expatriate
Great Britain

HERE IS A LIST OF FORGOTTEN TEMPLES IN CAMBODIA

Post by MrB »

There are thousands of ancient temples sites, mostly unknown, I have been hunting them down & have a video catalogue you may find helpful.

I have been discovering only those temples really visited, if at all, as there is so much more than Angkor Wat, After spending countless hours researching & travel I now have a catalogue of ten min videos each showing you temples that you may like to visit. if you fancy a lovely day out with a hint of adventure, then have a look at the catalogue & pick one, it really does make for a great day.

My YouTube channel is called, "FORGOTTEN TEMPLES CAMBODIA" at current I have about 40+ videos up, with two new temple videos going up every week, on Wednesdays & Sundays. I have a backlog of videos & have videos scheduled for release all the way to December, so plenty more ideas for temples to visit to come. I also have a huge list of temples yet to visit, so there will be many more.

I am not an expert, only an enthusiast, but I thought it may be useful to you to give a new avenue of entertainment rather than the usual, it really is a great day out exploring in the countryside & finding something ancient that is largely ignored.

Here is the link:

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: HERE IS A LIST OF FORGOTTEN TEMPLES IN CAMBODIA

Post by General Mackevili »

Hey MrB. Very cool videos you've made. I just edited your post so that your channel's main video is embedded. :hattip:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:37 pm Hey MrB. Very cool videos you've made. I just edited your post so that your channel's main video is embedded. :hattip:
Hmmm, is this another one of your diabolical techie schemes to improve SEO rankings?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:44 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:37 pm Hey MrB. Very cool videos you've made. I just edited your post so that your channel's main video is embedded. :hattip:
Hmmm, is this another one of your diabolical techie schemes to improve SEO rankings?
Haha, we worked so hard to get that YouTube video embedding to work again, so it would have been a shame to not use it when we can! :thumb:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Do we need 'Temple Passes' to visit these sites? A while ago I went down to Wat Athvea. Nobody there, off the beaten track, a bit tricky riding in because the road was just loose sand. I seemed to be the only person around for miles. So I started to wander around the old ruins, suddenly a guy with a badge comes out of nowhere and asks if I have a ticket. I said no, but I am happy to buy one now. Oh no, apparently I have to go back to Siem Reap, back to the Angkor ticket office, buy a ticket and then come all the way back. So I said, forget it mate, I've seen enough anyway, and I left. I appreciate the ticket price pays for maintenance of the sites, but Wat Athvea didnt look like anyone was doing any maintenance, like a lot of the sites in your videos - all the money probably just goes to Angkor. Or somewhere else.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Tobias526
Tourist
Argentina

Post by Tobias526 »

Thank you for these amazing videos. I’ve been trying to find a list of sites, but there are so many. I do so wish there were resources to create a database or gazetteer of these sites, but it is too big a task for an individual
Tobias
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

You don't need a pass. There's a good site in French which has a list of all of them with gps coordinates. I'll try to dig it up when I get home. There are thousands of temples though, only the ones around Angkor and a few other major ones require tickets of any kind. All the others are "show up".
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:31 pm You don't need a pass. There's a good site in French which has a list of all of them with gps coordinates. I'll try to dig it up when I get home. There are thousands of temples though, only the ones around Angkor and a few other major ones require tickets of any kind. All the others are "show up".
Did you find the list? I have tried to find it but no luck. Cheers
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
paul2d
Expatriate
Canada

Post by paul2d »

Tobias526 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:39 am Thank you for these amazing videos. I’ve been trying to find a list of sites, but there are so many. I do so wish there were resources to create a database or gazetteer of these sites, but it is too big a task for an individual
Tobias
Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but once you get the hang of using this map it is a trove of info (use + and - signs at bottom left) . Includes locations of 80 temples. Created by a Malaysian traveller: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 707151&z=9
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

lagrange wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:59 am I appreciate the ticket price pays for maintenance of the sites, but Wat Athvea didnt look like anyone was doing any maintenance, like a lot of the sites in your videos - all the money probably just goes to Angkor. Or somewhere else.
Someone’s got to gather up all the landmines...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic