Tuktuk Driver Claims $700 Theft by Coining Lady on St 2004

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Tuktuk Driver Claims $700 Theft by Coining Lady on St 2004

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia news, Phnom Penh: On the afternoon of January 12, 2021, in a massage shop located along Street 2004, Trapeang Lvea village, Sangkat Kakap I, Khan Por Sen Chey, an unidentified man, who is a 30-year-old tuktuk driver, charged a woman, whose name is not yet known, with the theft of US$700.
The man took his tuktuk to get coined at the first location on street 2004, okay, then not tired, so he continued to the second location where he suddenly lost $ 700, then complained to the police at Kakap 1, who arrested three women and took them to the police station for questioning.
The victim told Kakap 1 police that he entered two massage parlors along Street 2004 in a row, but he is sure that he did not lose any money in the first location, because he checked his money on leaving the premises. He then entered the second place and stripped naked leaving his trousers near the door of the room, got coined, and then suddenly found that he had lost $ 700. At that time, he asked the women there for the money back, but they refused and denied everything, so he decided to go to the first Kakap police station to ask them to intervene.
The police of the 1st Kakap police station, after receiving the complaint, went to the scene to arrest three women and bring them to the police station for further questioning; however, the women said that they did not know about the case and did not steal any money from the tuktuk driver.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Tuktuk Driver Claims $700 Theft by Coining Lady on St 2004

Post by Clutch Cargo »

It's spreading beyond the $3 massage places :facepalm:
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

1. A tuk tuk driver had $700? They rarely even have change for $5.
2. You need to be naked for coining? Wait, never mind.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:45 pm It's spreading beyond the $3 massage places :facepalm:
Wait, the first pic does indeed show a $3 massage sign. So coining is sideline? :plus1:
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:37 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:45 pm It's spreading beyond the $3 massage places :facepalm:
Wait, the first pic does indeed show a $3 massage sign. So coining is sideline? :plus1:
The Khmer script on those cheapo massage shop invariably says coining rather than massage. Sometimes it says both.
On the pic shown the biggest text at the top says coining
BigDee
Expatriate
Australia

Post by BigDee »

Lost the families money gambling, no other option but to pull the old (The Massage Lady stole my money) if there was a switcheroo with fake notes then fair game, but i call BS
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:03 am
The victim told Kakap 1 police that he entered two massage parlors along Street 2004 in a row, but he is sure that he did not lose any money in the first location, because he checked his money on leaving the premises. He then entered the second place and stripped naked leaving his trousers near the door of the room, got coined, and then suddenly found that he had lost $ 700.
When I ask a girl for a 'coining' and I strip but naked I'm pretty sure it's gonna cost me as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic