16 Chinese Gangsters Deported from PPIA

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: 16 Chinese Gangsters Deported from PPIA

Post by atst »

Seems to be some agreement between the two countries , chinese police here and everyone deported no jail here from reading these few news clips
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

They catch them by electronic surveillance.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I was talking to a very reliable and well-informed source tonight. The agreement between Cambodia and China on criminals basically means that any Chinese national caught breaking the law here can be deported to China. They then face the same charges they were arrested for abroad. There is also the "shame factor" of Chinese citizens not exactly acting like ambassadors abroad. So these people are treated very harshly on their return to the mainland. They go through the normal Chinese judicial system, where something like 98.97 % get convicted. The main point being that these kidnappers, drug dealers, extortionists and scammers from China are not about to be coming back here again any time soon after deportation. People seem to forget that the PRC is a place where those who don't toe the line have very short lifespans.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Would we ever know the truth. The point also being have we any right to know anyway. It's an agreement between two countries whom it only concerns. Do we too believe all that we read, it was not long ago the question was asked about there being Chinese police in the country, and wasn't the answer "no". I have also read that these criminal person's are undesirables, not wanted in their own country and sent here to work has builders labour, given a second chance. But they believe in a life of crime of course, so little changes, and they are known to there own police.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:54 am ... it was not long ago the question was asked about there being Chinese police in the country, and wasn't the answer "no". .
There are liaison officers from many police foreign police forces in Cambodia. There has never been any doubt that Chinese police are here working alongside the National Police to counteract Chinese criminal activity.
I have also read that these criminal person's are undesirables, not wanted in their own country and sent here to work has builders labour, given a second chance.
I've heard that theory thrown around for years, and most of the time it was about other immigrants like Cubans and Irish etc. I'd like to see a decent source for it, it does seem that they aren't sending their best but perhaps that's just some bad apples? :roll: 8)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:02 am
AndyKK wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:54 am ... it was not long ago the question was asked about there being Chinese police in the country, and wasn't the answer "no". .
There are liaison officers from many police foreign police forces in Cambodia. There has never been any doubt that Chinese police are here working alongside the National Police to counteract Chinese criminal activity.
I have also read that these criminal person's are undesirables, not wanted in their own country and sent here to work has builders labour, given a second chance.
I've heard that theory thrown around for years, and most of the time it was about other immigrants like Cubans and Irish etc. I'd like to see a decent source for it, it does seem that they aren't sending their best but perhaps that's just some bad apples? :roll: 8)
Some bad apples that commit the very serious crime. But if they keep it between themselves, no worry's.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:06 am Some bad apples that commit the very serious crime. But if they keep it between themselves, no worry's.
That used to be the argument when I was growing up, if they were just killing each other who cared? It reminds me of this scenario from when I was young:
... when a group of about seven well-dressed young Chinese arrived in two cars and went into the New Universal Chinese Restaurant, near the corner of Liffey Street. Within minutes, eye witnessed said, there was a commotion inside inside and young Chinese were seen rushing out of the street.

The violence was the climax of a building conflict when a Triad protection gang from Cork, Belfast and England tried to muscle its way on a Dublin Chinese restaurant chain.

Cinema goers at the Curzon and the Adelphi had to run for cover when the fighting broke out. Ms Pat Keating, manageress of the Curzeon, said the scene on the street was ‘much worse than any Kung Fu film we ever showed here’.

https://comeheretome.com/2012/08/29/tri ... july-1979/

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/t ... 85349.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic