How long do you give Humanity ?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Post by emm »

I ran into a evangelical religious freak the other day who tries to get new members for his church (i call it the church of the almighty dollar). After we cleared which side of the fence we both stand the conversation quickly came to 1. Darwin'ism versus Evangelism 2. God (he claims that there is proof that God actually really resembles an old man with white hair and a beard!) 3. Bible versus first Testament (he was an expert on this issue) 4. The return of the Messias (alias Jesus C.)

Most important point to me was point 4.
He claimed that all the signs we face now like Climate Change/Catastrophy's, AIDS and COVID 19, Wars old and upcoming War on China, unlimited excesses of human behaviour like allowing gay/lesbians to marry and have children are proof that the Apocalypse is right in front of us as written in the first testament and related books after that.
He has a point when i see all the plastic pollution around me growing day by day. Finally i asked him how long he thinks Humanity has on this planet before we follow the fait of the Dinosaurs.

His answer was that Humanity will not end at all but all those nonbelievers would be washed away and only godworthy people would survive and thrive in a new society. Not sooo different from the ISIS approach. You don't believe in the Koran we'll kill you. A bit of a short cut in my opinion.

My answer was that given the past 100 years of Humanity i don't give it another 1000 years before we're all gone.

So what's your view on this subject ?
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: How long do you give Humanity ?

Post by nemo »

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

My view is that this doesn't belong in General Chatter (Cambodia)...hence moved accordingly.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I'd say 25 years from now, or at least that would suit me best.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

The Japanese predicted it in the 1970s. Humanity moves to massive space colonies, ushering in the Universal Century.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I'll feel robbed if it ends in the next 20 years.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

Off the grid living becomes more attractive by the day. But hard to keep up with that lifestyle as we get older.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Now that Elon Musk is the richest man in the world, he'll get humanity to Mars and start a utopian society there.. :idea:

IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

9 years...

This will be the time (according to this article) when computers will be more intelligent, more able, and more creative than humans.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:31 am Now that Elon Musk is the richest man in the world, he'll get humanity to Mars and start a utopian society there.. :idea:

Of all the billionaires, Musk seems almost alright. Maybe he is only half-lizard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic