Dems just might take the Senate 50% there.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Dems just might take the Senate 50% there.

Post by phuketrichard »

:thumb: :thumb:

Warnock makes history with Senate win as Dems near majority
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1ctuoX

Ossoff ahead by a hair ( over 12, 800 votes ) 98% in

Dam....

Meanwhile Trump stil thinks he has a chance :facepalm:

TRUMP INSISTS, FALSELY, THAT PENCE CAN DECERTIFY RESULTS
President Donald Trump on Tuesday tightened the screws on his most loyal soldier, pressuring Vice President Mike Pence to use powers he does not have to overturn the will of voters in a desperate, futile bid to undo President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the November election.

“Of course, if he doesn’t come through, I won’t like him quite as much,” Trump added, drawing laughs. He said Pence was “going to have a lot to say about it. And you know one thing with him, you’re going to get straight shots. He’s going to call it straight.”

Trump continued to pile on, insisting in a statement late Tuesday, hours after a lunch with the vice president, that Pence had not informed him that he possessed no power to overturn the will of voters. “He can decertify the results or send them back to the states for change and certification,” Trump said. “He can also decertify the illegal and corrupt results and send them to the House of Representatives for the one vote for one state tabulation.“

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/int ... y-results/

Trump is single handily trying to take away the concept of a democratic society
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Dems just might take the Senate 50% there.

Post by lagrange »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:35 pm :thumb: :thumb:

Dam....

President Donald Trump on Tuesday tightened the screws on his most loyal soldier, pressuring Vice President Mike Pence to use powers he does not have to overturn the will of voters in a desperate, futile bid to undo President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the November election.

“Of course, if he doesn’t come through, I won’t like him quite as much,” Trump added, drawing laughs. He said Pence was “going to have a lot to say about it. And you know one thing with him, you’re going to get straight shots. He’s going to call it straight.”

Trump continued to pile on, insisting in a statement late Tuesday, hours after a lunch with the vice president, that Pence had not informed him that he possessed no power to overturn the will of voters. “He can decertify the results or send them back to the states for change and certification,” Trump said. “He can also decertify the illegal and corrupt results and send them to the House of Representatives for the one vote for one state tabulation.“

I have to admit I do not have a deep understanding of US politics, mainly because I dont give a shit, but I am constantly mystified by the ongoing, vicious attacks on the Democrats - I have read people like Loeffler and Perdue saying the Dems are evil, they want to destroy America, if the Dems control the Senate the whole country will go to hell in a handbasket etc etc. They are all Americans, right? They all love their country? So what the deal with the 'evil Dems'? And are they all assumed to be angels of doom out to rip apart the fabric of the society, or just some of them? Sounds very much like the 'baby-eating Germans' propaganda of WW1 / WW2.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

lagrange wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:20 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:35 pm :thumb: :thumb:

Dam....

I have to admit I do not have a deep understanding of US politics, mainly because I dont give a shit, but I am constantly mystified by the ongoing, vicious attacks on the Democrats - I have read people like Loeffler and Perdue saying the Dems are evil, they want to destroy America, if the Dems control the Senate the whole country will go to hell in a handbasket etc etc. They are all Americans, right? They all love their country? So what the deal with the 'evil Dems'? And are they all assumed to be angels of doom out to rip apart the fabric of the society, or just some of them? Sounds very much like the 'baby-eating Germans' propaganda of WW1 / WW2.
The Republicans are playing to their moronic base which will obviously believe anything they're told. Whether the Democrats are portrayed as communists, to be rigging elections, torturing children while extracting adrenaline or any of the other countless ridiculous accusations, these endless lies are designed to enrage the incredibly gullible and stupid who feverishly gobble it all up thinking they're finally privy to what's really going on. The only thing more alarming than what the Republican party have stooped so low to and are currently engaged in is the number of incredibly stupid people who believe it. I'm astounded at the millions of cretins who believe the lies.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Americans can make their own bed, but Trump is also inflicting very real damage to the cause of democracy worldwide.
His current behaviour is prime-cut, red meat succour for every wannabe "President for Life" on the planet.

Even 40 something % of americans believe his shit, or at least are going along for the ride.
"Massive voter fraud" "Marxist communist Democrats"
Everything you ever read, or was taught at your grandfathers knee "Fake news, fake science, fake reality"

FFS.
???..... Four years on and most of the rest of the world continues to be even more dumbfounded every week.
How did this whole grand kit and caboodle, once the "Light on the Hill" for democracy worldwide, go so completely off the rails? and so quick.

For the sake of poor sucker citizens the world over, not least of all here, let's all hope Biden can repair at least some of the damage that Trump's example continues to wreak - internationally.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

The scary part is that in any country just a little less democratic, the Orange Clown would incite a full-blown civil war. Thankfully, America has plenty of checks and balances to prevent just that. I do hope both Democrats win, putting the onus on Biden to set right so many things that went wrong the last four years.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

with 98% of the votes in and Ossoff up 16,000 votes and remainder of the votes are in strongly democratic areas

I will go on record that times they are a changing
The white house and control of the congress

Next;
who wants to bet Trump doesn't show up for the inauguration on the 20th ( bet he doesn't)
and his loving wife files for divorce ( bet she does)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Ossoff has claimed the win.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Looks like Christmas came early this year. Very.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

And you wanna be the leader of a free world? Monty Python is better.

Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

DC, live

'Too nice a morning to get all bitter and twisted. There is also a really funny side to this clown show.
:popcorn:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic