Dems just might take the Senate 50% there.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Dems just might take the Senate 50% there.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Police arrest more Capitol rioters as details of violence and brutality emerge

Another officer said to have died as alarming footage of riot emerges
Majority of Americans want Trump removed, poll says
Robert Reich: Trump attempted a coup: he must be removed

Kenya Evelyn in Washington and agencies
Sun 10 Jan 2021 18.18 GMT

Police have confirmed more charges against rioters who stormed the US Capitol, as more graphic details of violence and brutality emerge.

By Saturday, prosecutors had filed 17 cases in federal district court and 40 in District of Columbia superior court for offenses ranging from assaulting police officers to entering restricted areas, stealing federal property and threatening lawmakers.

Donald Trump seems certain to be impeached over the riot, which he incited in remarks to supporters outside the White House. South Carolina Democrat James Clyburn told Fox News Sunday the House could vote to impeach as early as this week, but may wait months to submit the articles for a trial in the Senate.

“If we are the people’s House, let’s do the people’s work and let’s vote to impeach this president,” the House majority whip said.

As politicians contended over Trump’s fate, alarming footage of the riot continued to emerge. Some captured a bloodied officer being crushed in a doorway and screaming. Other officers were reportedly beaten with pipes, with one seen tumbling over a railing into a crowd below. The officer had been body-slammed from behind.

Brian Sicknick, 42 and a 12-year veteran officer, died after he was struck in the head with a fire extinguisher while “physically engaging” the rioters, according to a statement from Capitol police.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -brutality
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Quite strange watching my Liberal friends cheering on the police this week.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Big Daikon wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:58 am Quite strange watching my Liberal friends cheering on the police this week.
No less so than the people wearing Thin Blue Line emblems and flags as they ransacked the Capitol and killed a policeman.

Turns out they were never pro-cop, they were just anti-black.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I've been spending a bit of time on various AltRight "free press" channels.

Funny to see thousands of formally mainstream Trumpians now declaring the police, FBI, CIA and the Republican Party are dirty dog traitors who will hanged shot and beaten in the street.
R2 is just around the corner!

no joke, this message is spreading faster than UK-strain Covid in the USA
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

nerdlinger wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:10 am
Big Daikon wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:58 am Quite strange watching my Liberal friends cheering on the police this week.
No less so than the people wearing Thin Blue Line emblems and flags as they ransacked the Capitol and killed a policeman.
Haven't seen that.

In 2020, I saw some of the Right realize cops are not to be trusted.

Wonder where this is headed.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Big Daikon wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:28 am
Haven't seen that.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

nerdlinger wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:40 am
Big Daikon wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:28 am
Haven't seen that.
I stand corrected. Thanks!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Hey D. I'm not going to post the links for obvious reasons - but ^^^ this stuff really is spreading like wildfire on many Trump supporters sites. (and other alt right)

I am not easily shocked, and i know there always has been a small but steadily growing right-wing anti government movement which advocates armed resistance to various degrees. But this is now going exponential.
(ps, Right wing terrorism is already the biggest variety in the USA these days, by far)

The violent, revolutionary fervour that is currently sweeping thru the Trump supporters ranks is genuinely astonishing. (to me anyway).
A huge wave of personal vows and oaths to resist the "totally illegitimate" Government - to the death.
Many are saying they regard themselves in a state of war as of last week. Thousands say they are urgently prepping.

The stolen vote lie, endlessly repeated, now has a small army of fiercely patriotic Americans declaring war on their state - because they genuinely believe Deep State has usurped democracy.

Somebody mocked me for being a bit hysterical when i first posted about this - "This is just how Hitler started" (or similar)
I don't compare this in any way to the Nazis rise in Germany - but i am pretty damm sure America is going to see a big upswing in domestic terror incidents in the next couple of years.

In fact, I'll put 50 down and give you 20/1.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:23 am ..... but i am pretty damm sure America is going to see a big upswing in domestic terror incidents in the next couple of years.

In fact, I'll put 50 down and give you 20/1.
eh, not a smart bet at my end as you can control the outcome.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Stern, quite curious which links you are reading.

Yes, the US is in a state of conflict and unrest. The various factions of the Left have demonstrated a propensity for chaos and violence. Summer of Floyd, for example.

The Right is not monolithic and their progressions have varied. The Alt-Right went anti-establishment after getting fucked over in Charlottesville. The civic nationalists stayed pro-police until quite recently.

Recent conversation with a Berniebro friend had us agreeing that the power structure hates and distrusts most of the American people.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic