Canada to Cambodia money transfer

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Canada to Cambodia money transfer

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Good morning,
I’m interested in advice from fellow Canadians who have transferred money from Canada to Cambodia.
$1,000 - $10,000
I have Canadian and Cambodian bank accounts. (BMO & Canadia)
Thanks in advance, have a great day.
Danny
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Canada to Cambodia money transfer

Post by canucklhead »

Whats the issue?
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Just enter "WorldRemit Canada" in to your search engine of choice and take things from there.

OML
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

canucklhead wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:31 pm Whats the issue?
No ‘issue’
I’m seeking advice and recommendations from fellow Canadians who have made larger cash transfers.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Ot Mean Loi wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:53 pm Just enter "WorldRemit Canada" in to your search engine of choice and take things from there.

OML
You’ve used this service ?
You were happy with the exchange and fees ?
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

BMO will remit to Canadia. Just give them the swift code and account number.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

I am now a convert to "WorldRemit" for my regular transfers to Cambodia with but one exception, when I revert to my former use of a Cambodian Diaspora money transfer service. That exception is for when I am remitting funds to a non-English speaking/reading person in Cambodia, because the highly automated lightening fast "WorldRemit" progressive communications/confirmations to both sender and receiver are in English. As you can so easily see for yourself if you opened up the site and made a "sample" remittance without committing to an actual remittance.

OML
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

canucklhead wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:58 am BMO will remit to Canadia. Just give them the swift code and account number.
Thank you, I will contact my bank next week :-)
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

canucklhead wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:58 am BMO will remit to Canadia. Just give them the swift code and account number.
You’ve had success using SWIFT code moving money to a Cambodian bank from Canada ?
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Ot Mean Loi wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:14 pm I am now a convert to "WorldRemit" for my regular transfers to Cambodia with but one exception, when I revert to my former use of a Cambodian Diaspora money transfer service. That exception is for when I am remitting funds to a non-English speaking/reading person in Cambodia, because the highly automated lightening fast "WorldRemit" progressive communications/confirmations to both sender and receiver are in English. As you can so easily see for yourself if you opened up the site and made a "sample" remittance without committing to an actual remittance.

OML
I did go to Worldremit, the maximum amount allowable is below what I want to move, but thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic