4 places to visit in Kep And Kampot

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: 4 places to visit in Kep And Kampot

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:
Samouth wrote:
Good for you - it's good to know your own country. There is a lot of variety outside of PP, SR and S'ville.
I didn't travel much too when i was studying at the univ. So now, i graduated and i have a job. Then, it should be a good time to go around in my country. i always think that if i can't make trip to foreign countries, i should at least visit all the provinces and cities in my country.
By the way, how much at Greenhouse ?
I think the accommodation at Greenhouse is quite pricey especially for local. We stayed at 2 persons bungalow and it is $25 dollar per night. However all the foods are quite reasonable. i spent roughly $5 for every of my breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you are going to Kampot, i would like to suggest you to stay there. Greenhouse has one of the best river compare to other hostels. There is a small island close by, you either can swim (if you are brave enough) or go by kayak. i will post of pictures of the river. It was so regret that i didn't have underwater camera, otherwise i would have a lot of picture of me kayaking and swimming also the views of that small island.

Oh... expensive, but if it's nice place then I should try once :-) because I won't stay long too. I really like kayak :-):-):-) By the way how much did you pay for kayak?[/quote]

Greenhouse is a very good place for kayak. It is only $2 per hour if you stay there, but if you don't stay there just come visit, they will charge you $4. However, they are not really so serious about it as we took it for 3 hours and they only charged us $2. Lol. In total for my Kampot trip, I spent roughly 50 buck for two days and one night.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Thanks, Samouth. It was such an adventurous travelling.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:Thanks, Samouth. It was such an adventurous travelling.
It is not a really great adventurous traveling. I wish i could stay there more than one night.

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Thx Samouth. $25 a night is quite expensive, but at least you had a good time. $25 for a bad time is a rip-off :D

In Kampot I usually stay at Orchid Guesthouse - $10-15 - opposite Blissful. They have some great bungalows out the back over a lily pond and the owner Tuon is a really nice guy. When I like the people I usually go back to the same place.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Anchor Moy wrote:Thx Samouth. $25 a night is quite expensive, but at least you had a good time. $25 for a bad time is a rip-off :D

In Kampot I usually stay at Orchid Guesthouse - $10-15 - opposite Blissful. They have some great bungalows out the back over a lily pond and the owner Tuon is a really nice guy. When I like the people I usually go back to the same place.
My friend booked it. So i have no idea. However the bungalow was really nice. It is worth it. Greenhouse owns by French. It is white price, i guess.

prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Anchor Moy wrote:Thx Samouth. $25 a night is quite expensive, but at least you had a good time. $25 for a bad time is a rip-off :D

@ Anchor Moy: the price s reasonable.And the different between Cambodians and foriegners is foriegners always go somewhere they know the owners, but Cambodians always go somewhere they think happy place and they can afford.
@Samouth and Anchor Moy : Thanks for sharing some idea. Maybe i should try one by one and find out by myself. and It's better if I know where they are located?
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic