10 year license question and answer theory test?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
chinesetakeaway
Expatriate
Niue

10 year license question and answer theory test?

Post by chinesetakeaway »

I’m going to try get the license this week and have spent some time with the App however I’m told that you can get a maximum of 4 wrong out of 40 questions and some you need to answer wrong to get the right answer. Anyway, anyone got a copy of the questions/answers that apparently are circulating?
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: 10 year license question and answer theory test?

Post by whatwat »

The APP has the answers. That’s the whole point of learning it.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Not sure if the real test you need to answer wrong to get it right, when I did mine I got one wrong,ask the guy what one he told don't worry you passed but I wanted to know.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

When I did my 10 year test a few years ago there was no app and I had to study via this booklet I bought from one of the driving schools.

I got all the questions correct which was surprising.

They love the right-of-way questions. My test was like 90% 'right-of-way' and 10% 'what does this traffic sign mean?' questions.

They'd ask the same 'right-of-way' question 3 different ways on 3 different questions. It's almost like they're trying to trip you up.

The proctor almost looked disappointed that I had aced the exam. But he had plenty of Chinese failures to keep him busy.

The whole exam was hilarious because the main focus of the exam were the exact things that Khmer drivers are dangerously deficient in:

'right of way' and 'traffic signs'.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Was 10 years the longest, or was there once a lifetime driver's license you could get? And for anyone who had those lifetime ones (if they existed), were you able to replace them once they were lost or disintegrated?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:12 am Was 10 years the longest, or was there once a lifetime driver's license you could get? And for anyone who had those lifetime ones (if they existed), were you able to replace them once they were lost or disintegrated?
I had a lifetime license in NZ well it expired when 75 back in the 80s, they don't recognize it now only 10y ones
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

atst wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:42 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:12 am Was 10 years the longest, or was there once a lifetime driver's license you could get? And for anyone who had those lifetime ones (if they existed), were you able to replace them once they were lost or disintegrated?
I had a lifetime license in NZ well it expired when 75 back in the 80s, they don't recognize it now only 10y ones
fuck ur as old as Methuselah :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:01 pm
atst wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:42 pm
fuck ur as old as Methuselah :beer3:
No only 59 the license expired at 75y, still got it somewhere only a piece of paper
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Most countries the licence is a “lifetime” (75, where you have to resit the test) but the photo card licenses are for 10 years.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
chinesetakeaway
Expatriate
Niue

Post by chinesetakeaway »

Having tried to study from the App some of the answers it gives are incorrect and a lot of the translations are poor making them incomprehensible. Does anyone have the booklet?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic