FPCS and visa renewal

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
DLsea
Expatriate
South Africa

FPCS and visa renewal

Post by DLsea »

I arrived in Cambodia in February 2020 and in March 2020 got my ER Visa (1 year- multiple entries). To cut a long story short, I will be wanting to extend my ER Visa for 1 more year come March 2021. I have just discovered that the guesthouse where I have stayed since February did not register me on FCPS. I approached the travel agency who has assisted me in the past with visa renewals. They informed me that I would not be able to renew my visa in March 2021 without proof of registration.

Any advice or tips on how to sort this out would be appreciated.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: FCPS and visa renewal

Post by armchairlawyer »

Gently suggest to your guest house that they register you. If that doesn't work, register yourself.

I guess if they had been avoiding tax on your rent (perish the thought) then those days are over for them whoever does the registration, you or them.
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:09 pm Gently suggest to your guest house that they register you. If that doesn't work, register yourself.

I guess if they had been avoiding tax on your rent (perish the thought) then those days are over for them whoever does the registration, you or them.
I doubt that will help the OP much. Deadline for registration was July and it was stated that missing that date would result in denial of visa extensions.
I would think that pleading with the powers and trying to convince them that it was some misunderstanding with the landlord could help, considering it is a newly implemented system. I assume quite a few “renewers” will face similar issues in the coming months.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I'm sure when you register your self you can backdate it, just checked mine read's Nov 2019
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Where can you find this app?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cooldude wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:08 pm Where can you find this app?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l=en&gl=US

and than
how to;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnuUyt ... syourl6BEA
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Cooldude wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:08 pm Where can you find this app?
Same place you find your regular apps, Google play or similar, search for FPCS Cambodia
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

theKid wrote:
armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:09 pm Gently suggest to your guest house that they register you. If that doesn't work, register yourself.

I doubt that will help the OP much. Deadline for registration was July and it was stated that missing that date would result in denial of visa extensions.
I would think that pleading with the powers and trying to convince them that it was some misunderstanding with the landlord could help, considering it is a newly implemented system. I assume quite a few “renewers” will face similar issues in the coming months.
You just need to be registered on app at time of renewal. This policy started around july time. It doesn't mean you have to have been registered since implementation
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Your FPSC Registration is tied to your telephone number, and requires a password, even if a landlord is doing the registry for you surely you (the person being registered) should hold / know both of these? If not, how can you edit / update your registration if you move address or when you renew your visa for examples?
Seems to be more than a few who are putting blind faith in their landlords, and not bothering or are not curious enough to have even checked their registration details.
Hopefully you can register backdated without any problem, but why give the authorities the chance to deny your visa renewal/ expel you if they feel inclined to do so?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

theKid wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:45 pm

I only registered in December just before my extension ran out. Did it myself as the house owner couldn't really understand. I backdated as far as I could, to November 2017 or something, I've been in this house maybe 8 years. Got my new extension no problem.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic