Happy New Year!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Happy New Year!

Post by Yobbo »

Wishing you all the very best for the years ahead!
You guys/gals can be very entertaining!
Keep it coming
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by AndyKK »

Thanks Yobbo and the same to you and all members of CEO
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Happy smooth ride 2021
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

that reminded me of this photo I took , drivers parade V8 super cars Sydney

I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sihanoukville New Year:
Photos MCPN
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Happy New Year from CEO ! All the best to all our members and lurkers.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I guess it's a day late in Cambodia, but since I've been stuck in the US, so.... HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!

I gotta say, 2020 is a year that we will all remember, for better or worse! It's no doubt been a fucked up year, but I have to say, it's been a great one on my end, although admittedly still pretty fucked up, all things Covid considered. Other than that, it's been a good one!

I got engaged to my soulmate in 2020, and glad that a few of you could be there with us for that. At the time I assumed the year would be action-packed all the way up until the NYE ball dropped, but boy was I wrong. Did have the family come out to Cambodia and then we traveled around SE Asia for over a month, but it was all pretty funky of a year after that. To be fair, it's been nice to be 'home' for the winter holidays with all of the family for a change. I've forgotten what the word 'cold' actually meant for the past 14 years.

About 2 months into the pandemic, most people seemed more tense than usual, and I assumed that it would be a hell of a year for members having all sorts of spats, but it somehow seemed like instead of everyone being at everyone else's heels during all this, our community grew stronger, and even some of us might be more empathetic than before, given what so many have been through almost everywhere. We've been on point with all the good, bad and ugly news stories of 2020, and it's also seemed like a lot more people have started coming onto CEO asking questions, mostly about travel and visas, etc, so that's been interesting as well. And several people who came here looking for info have ended up becoming regular members, and it's always good to have more points of views on here from all over the world.

Thanks to ALL our members, new and old, who continue to keep things active on here, as, without each and every one of you, we wouldn't have the community that we do! Some come on just to have a little fun sometimes, and quite a few members have really opened up on here, sharing all sorts of personal stories. We've also had some members who have passed away, and love or hate Taa Barang, he was an interesting guy to have been a part of this community.

What will 2021 bring us? Who knows, but's it's already been a day, and I haven't seen anything in the news about zombies, dragons or a meteor headed this way, so it's a good start to the new year!

So I wish everyone a safe and successful 2021! Let's hope travel restrictions are relaxed soon so we can all move around the globe freely as usual.

And an extra-special thank you to our whole Mod Team and News Team, as without each and every one of you this community wouldn't be as fun, friendly, and informative as it is today!

Love you all! :hattip:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

[/quote]

Even me ?
I hope by next X-mas i can graduate to be the new batshit crazy weirdo !

:hattip:

Cheese 🧀
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

pissontheroof wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:49 am
Even me ?
I hope by next X-mas i can graduate to be the new batshit crazy weirdo !
LoL, even you, one of our members that's I've had the pleasure of meeting in real life.
Spoiler:
Hell no on the BSCW though!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
wendyaspinall
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by wendyaspinall »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:12 am I guess it's a day late in Cambodia, but since I've been stuck in the US, so.... HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!

I gotta say, 2020 is a year that we will all remember, for better or worse! It's no doubt been a fucked up year, but I have to say, it's been a great one on my end, although admittedly still pretty fucked up, all things Covid considered. Other than that, it's been a good one!

I got engaged to my soulmate in 2020, and glad that a few of you could be there with us for that. At the time I assumed the year would be action-packed all the way up until the NYE ball dropped, but boy was I wrong. Did have the family come out to Cambodia and then we traveled around SE Asia for over a month, but it was all pretty funky of a year after that. To be fair, it's been nice to be 'home' for the winter holidays with all of the family for a change. I've forgotten what the word 'cold' actually meant for the past 14 years.

About 2 months into the pandemic, most people seemed more tense than usual, and I assumed that it would be a hell of a year for members having all sorts of spats, but it somehow seemed like instead of everyone being at everyone else's heels during all this, our community grew stronger, and even some of us might be more empathetic than before, given what so many have been through almost everywhere. We've been on point with all the good, bad and ugly news stories of 2020, and it's also seemed like a lot more people have started coming onto CEO asking questions, mostly about travel and visas, etc, so that's been interesting as well. And several people who came here looking for info have ended up becoming regular members, and it's always good to have more points of views on here from all over the world.

Thanks to ALL our members, new and old, who continue to keep things active on here, as, without each and every one of you, we wouldn't have the community that we do! Some come on just to have a little fun sometimes, and quite a few members have really opened up on here, sharing all sorts of personal stories. We've also had some members who have passed away, and love or hate Taa Barang, he was an interesting guy to have been a part of this community.

What will 2021 bring us? Who knows, but's it's already been a day, and I haven't seen anything in the news about zombies, dragons or a meteor headed this way, so it's a good start to the new year!

So I wish everyone a safe and successful 2021! Let's hope travel restrictions are relaxed soon so we can all move around the globe freely as usual.

And an extra-special thank you to our whole Mod Team and News Team, as without each and every one of you this community wouldn't be as fun, friendly, and informative as it is today!

Happy New Year to you.
Year 2020 had not been a good year for many of us. May year 2021 be a much better year for many of us who wish to travel and experience a free world again.
Thank you for the updates on CEO.
Congrats to you for your engagement to your soul mate. I still remember and cherish the year I got married to my soul mate Mark in the year 2001. It was a very special year indeed.
Thank you to everyone @ CEO for giving us some hope for better days ahead.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic