Cyclo Driver Lived and Died on the Streets of Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cyclo Driver Lived and Died on the Streets of Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): on December 31, 2020, an unidentified man aged about 50 years old, was found dead in his cyclo, in front of SLL tour company, Preah Monivong road, Sangkat Monorum, Khan Prampi Makara, Phnom Penh.
Local people in the area all knew the cyclo-man - every day at 6am he would go out to look for customers, and every night he came back to the same spot at 7pm to sleep in his cyclo.
Then this morning, 31 December, when people saw that the cyclo was still parked at the scene at 7am, they went to check on the driver. When they tried to wake him, they saw that he had passed away, so they called the police.

The body was taken to keep at the pagoda, waiting for the family to claim it for the funeral ceremonies. RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cyclo Driver Lived and Died on the Streets of Phnom Penh

Post by yongchi »

RIP
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

The body was taken to keep at the pagoda, waiting for the family to claim it for the funeral ceremonies. RIP.
Poor man. RIP. Wonder if he had any family. :cry:
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

Sad but at least they cared enough to check in him. Would probably be there for several days in a western country.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

RIP. Those guys are last of a dying breed unfortunately. Most live extremely rough lives, but they're friendly and genuine. Some of the faces of the older guys near the riverside are the most beautiful I've seen ever. Old school leaf cigarettes sticking out of the corner of the mouth, weathered wrinkled faces, but somehow very beautiful. Reminds me of a street painter in Russia who said he much preferred to paint men. All women wanted was for you to make them look beautiful, so he enjoyed trying to make the character and life experience of men come out of their faces. As an artist it was more interesting vs pure beauty. I find it always rings true when I go by those guys. Some have seen a lot... I think there used to be an organization that sort of helped them out.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic