Policeman Shot Up After Traffic Accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Policeman Shot Up After Traffic Accident

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): A criminal police officer was shot to death after an argument over a traffic accident on December 30, 2020, at 12:30 am, on Russian Federation road, in front of Phnom Penh International Airport, in Khan Porsenchey, Phnom Penh.

The victim was identified as Reth Seth, called Nhok, 40 years old, a deputy of the Minor Crime Department in Phnom Penh, who drove a Ford car plate PP2BD-3738. The shooter drove a Lexus RX300 plate SR2A-4546.

Before the incident, the policeman was driving a Ford car on Russian Federation road from east to west, when it was hit by a Lexus, causing some damage. Then, the two cars stopped to negotiate compensation for the accident. The victim asked to take his car to get fixed to end the argument.
But then the suspect went to his car, and he pulled out a gun and shot at the victim nine times. The policeman died at the scene from one shot to the head, and two shots to the chest and stomach.
After that, the suspect got back into his car and drove off. He is being actively sought by police.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
BigDee
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Policeman Shot Up After Traffic Accident

Post by BigDee »

Crazy stuff, more to the story though. I did see a video and its possible the cop pulled his gun first, (out of view) then the dude went to his car to get his gun. bang bang bang and pissed off.
Then you can see someone pick up the cops gun and shoot back as the car is driving off.

but yeah, Crazy stuff
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

BigDee wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:57 pm Crazy stuff, more to the story though. I did see a video and its possible the cop pulled his gun first, (out of view) then the dude went to his car to get his gun. bang bang bang and pissed off.
Then you can see someone pick up the cops gun and shoot back as the car is driving off.

but yeah, Crazy stuff
But yeah, howz about finding that video and posting it here? :thumb:
BigDee
Expatriate
Australia

Post by BigDee »

Brody wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:24 pm
BigDee wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:57 pm Crazy stuff, more to the story though. I did see a video and its possible the cop pulled his gun first, (out of view) then the dude went to his car to get his gun. bang bang bang and pissed off.

but yeah, Crazy stuff
But yeah, howz about finding that video and posting it here? :thumb:
Ha Been served up in the past for posting things from FB on CEO, learnt that lesson - short answer = NO
Don't worry, it will be on here soon enough i am sure.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Replayed it a few times as you can't see the victim but judging by the actions of the by-stander who ran in at the end to get his gun he was out of sight at the rear door/drivers door on the near-side of his pick-up truck.
Now as I can't see the victim I was watching the actions of the 2 people at the rear of the pick-up. One is in black the other has a white shirt on. Now the guy in all dark clothes reacts 1st and ducks down behind the pick-up. If you look closely you see the shooter takes his own pistol out at the same time. I think we can assume the victim was the person who opened fire first and the killer was simply returning fire AND a better shot!
flea
BANNED

Post by flea »

No " we" can't. Why don't "we"just leave it for the police who will have a clearer picture before making silly assumptions.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

flea wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:10 pm No " we" can't. Why don't "we"just leave it for the police who will have a clearer picture before making silly assumptions.
"we" could but you did catch the bit in the report that said this "policeman" was a deputy of a minor crime department. So not just a run-of-the-mill "policeman". You are aware of the continuing "corruption" and "failings" of the "judicial system" here in Cambodia? Where the guilty party is more than likely to receive a demotion than a prison sentence?

Oh, and if that doesn't "suit you" how about we consider what "we" are posting on... a discussion forum... where.. you know... "we" can discuss things.

One of the things we should be discussing is the obvious over-use of "air quotes".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

flea wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:10 pm No " we" can't. Why don't "we"just leave it for the police who will have a clearer picture before making silly assumptions.
You're new around here? :roll:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
flea
BANNED

Post by flea »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:40 pm
You're new around here? :roll:
The police are definitely or definitely will be more informed on this than any of the previous posters.
I think the police will get to the bottom of this quite quickly.
If you think it was a professional hit why did they pull in after the accident?
I'm just old fashioned and like to see all the evidence before I make any hypotheses.
Maybe it was the Chinese.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic