Policeman Shot Up After Traffic Accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Policeman Shot Up After Traffic Accident

Post by John Bingham »

Your last contention could be on the mark.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): On December 30, 2020, Major General Cheav Vibol, Deputy Director of the Criminal Police Department of the Ministry of Interior said that the police have found a black Lexus RX300, with license plate Siem Reap 2A-4546, but the license plate was removed at Sangkat Ponhea Pun, Khan Prek Pnov. After the discovery, the police questioned the owner of the house, but on the afternoon of the same day, the authorities also released him.

According to the official report on this case, Lt. Col. Reth Sineth, Deputy Chief of the Criminal Bureau Phnom Penh Municipal Police drove a car in front of the other person's car, who then pulled out a Glock pistol in order to escape after causing a minor traffic accident. The assailants then fired several shots, killing Lt Col. Reth Sineth at the scene, at 12:05 AM on December 30, 2020, at the corner of Russian Federation Boulevard, Kbal Damrey 2 Village, Sangkat Ka Kap II, Khan Por Sen Chey.

This story as described by a witness report is that the victim left a restaurant near Wat Phnom with a friend, and was driving on Russian Federation Boulevard from east to west, when a black Lexus RX300, with license plate Siem Reap 2A-4546, crashed into the back of the victim's Ford vehicle, causing some damage. The Lexus RX300 was also damaged on the front right-hand side, and there were 5 people in the car who were unharmed: 2 men, 2 women and a small child.)
Following the accident, the victim, Reth Sineth, drove his car in front of the Lexus RX300 and pulled out a Glock pistol and aimed it at the Lexus RX300 in order to prevent them from escaping.
The two men in the Lexus then got out to negotiate with the victim, agreeing to have his Ford car repaired in the area behind the monk's hospital. The men also agreed to allow the two women and the small child to leave the scene by a Pass App tuktuk while they negociated the settlement.
The victim and his friend were looking at the damaged Ford when two of the perpetrators, who caused the accident, pulled out an unknown brand of pistol and shot the victim from behind, causing him to die at the scene.

Two suspects then drove off in their Lexus RX300 on Russian Federation Boulevard and escaped. Ngan Phillin, the friend of the victim, rushed over to him and removed the victim's gun from the right pocket and fired off three or more bullets in the direction of the escaping car.

The Office of Technical, Scientific and Oknha Dr. Nong Sovannaroth, Phnom Penh Municipal Doctor, conducted an autopsy, confirming that "the victim died of murder in a shooting caused by a traffic accident."

Meanwhile, on the afternoon of December 30, 2020, the police found the Lexus RX300 car that belonged to the perpetrator in Prek Pnov district, but nobody has been arrested yet.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

flea wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:10 pm No " we" can't. Why don't "we"just leave it for the police who will have a clearer picture before making silly assumptions.
Sorry? Which we is that? The we that includes you and me? If so, don’t be too hasty to be talking for anybody but yourself.
Where did ‘professional hit’ come into this, btw?

As for looking at a video, and making observations on things that CAN be observed. Those things have been observed, and commented upon, But not embellished. Some people today are still possess the skills to observe, comprehend, form hypotheses and draw conclusions.
It’s of great interest to those who may be interested, not least for the seemingly random escalation, and then for the pistol to be picked up and several more shots fired excitedly at a vehicle that is fast moving away. It would be interesting to know how many of those rounds hit the target (I’d be surprised if it was more that zero), and should be a point of concern to any of us where those random rounds actually ended up.

However. If you, flea, would care to supply an approved list of topics that you deem appropriate and safe for the rest of us to discuss, I’m sure the owners of CEO, and the wider membership will be very much in your debt.
flea
BANNED

Post by flea »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:54 am
flea wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:10 pm No " we" can't. Why don't "we"just leave it for the police who will have a clearer picture before making silly assumptions.
Sorry? Which we is that? The we that includes you and me? If so, don’t be too hasty to be talking for anybody but yourself.

As for looking at a video, and making observations on things that CAN be observed. Those things have been observed, and commented upon, But not embellished. Some people today are still possess the skills to observe, comprehend, form hypotheses and draw conclusions.
It’s of great interest to those who may be interested, not least for the seemingly random escalation, and then for the pistol to be picked up and several more shots fired excitedly at a vehicle that is fast moving away. It would be interesting to know how many of those rounds hit the target (I’d be surprised if it was more that zero), and should be a point of concern to any of us where those random rounds actually ended up.

However. If you, flea, would care to supply an approved list of topics that you deem appropriate and safe for the rest of us to discuss, I’m sure the owners of CEO, and the wider membership will be very much in your debt.

Wow.

The group identity is strong in you. The other guy IRA was talking about there is more to this than what is seen or something like that.
Personally I think it's better to wait until the story unfolds before you start making silly assumptions.
It's a lot clearer now even after just a few more hours so I will wait until the picture has fully developed until I comment.
I don't speak for anybody but myself.
Maybe you can come up with the list of subjects that you prefer me not to comment on that would be easier? :Yahoo!:
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

flea wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:30 am
Freightdog wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:54 am

Wow.

The group identity is strong in you. The other guy IRA was talking about there is more to this than what is seen or something like that.
Personally I think it's better to wait until the story unfolds before you start making silly assumptions.
It's a lot clearer now even after just a few more hours so I will wait until the picture has fully developed until I comment.
I don't speak for anybody but myself.
Maybe you can come up with the list of subjects that you prefer me not to comment on that would be easier? :Yahoo!:
Did I? Are you sure about that?
Replayed it a few times as you can't see the victim but judging by the actions of the by-stander who ran in at the end to get his gun he was out of sight at the rear door/drivers door on the near-side of his pick-up truck.

Now as I can't see the victim I was watching the actions of the 2 people at the rear of the pick-up.

One is in black the other has a white shirt on.

Now the guy in all dark clothes reacts 1st and ducks down behind the pick-up.

If you look closely you see the shooter takes his own pistol out at the same time.

I think we can assume the victim was the person who opened fire first and the killer was simply returning fire AND a better shot!
I have broken my post in question into easily readable sentences so we can discuss them individually.

1st sentence: I state I watched it a few times and I was noting the actions of a bystander and the possible position of the victim during the altercation.

2nd sentence: I note that since the victim was not visible I would be looking closely at the actions/reactions of the 2 people we could see.

3rd sentence: I describe the 2 people I am observing so others know who I am about to comment on in the next part.

4th sentence: I note the actions of the guy in all dark clothes. These are the actions of a suddenly startled man. Also of note is his chosen place to "duck" to ... it was in a position that would give him cover from the person shooting. Now it was a pretty poor choice if he was trying to get cover from the guy near him in the white shirt.

5th sentence: I note the white shirt guy goes to his waistband and then to a shooting stance... but this is in response to something.. the same thing that made the dark clothes guy duck down behind the pickup truck.

last sentence: I draw my conclusion based on what I observed and wait to see if others observe the same things I did or if I missed or mis-interpreted something in the video.
flea
BANNED

Post by flea »

IraHayes wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:42 pm

could but you did catch the bit in the report that said this "policeman" was a deputy of a minor crime department. So not just a run-of-the-mill "policeman".
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:40 pm
You're new around here? :roll:
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Ah,flea. I think I see what and how you’re getting at. You’ve raised the possibility of it being Chinese, and suggested that someone suggests that it was a hit, in such a way as to introduce something you want to, without it seeming to come from you.

Sly. Well done

So, to address some of possibilities around the things that you have introduced, despite saying that ‘we’ don’t know enough-
It could have been the Chinese. To varying degrees of possibility, it could be Mossad, the IRA, probably not Ira, you, Me. (I think I have an alibi, who knows?). We know for fairly certain that it was the person in the video.
Professional hit. Hmmm.

Flea, your have provided a perfect example of those who have poor comprehension skills. You’re the one who’s introduced anything about the that is unsupported. The fella suddenly taking cover at the back of the truck is probably not taking cover from harsh words, (but at this point we don’t know). It is fair to assume that his perception of something pretty unpleasant caused him to do this.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

A very cool name nevertheless, Reth Seth, called Nhok. May Reth Seth, called Nhok RIP.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Clash of the Titans
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic