Tourism recovery roadmap drafted

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Tourism recovery roadmap drafted

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Pretty sure these initial vaccines are to help protect the vulnerable not designed to give people a ticket to travel and boost tourism,
im sure that focus will come much further down the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I personally think that the very best we can reasonably expect of this virus, is that in the future a few (relatively) sad unfortunate cases will result in death, but largely it will be remembered by a few generations with ‘do you remember when...?’

As for getting back to normal- it would be great if some of the previous normality NEVER came back. But being a realist...

As for Reviving tourism in Cambodia
Is this referring to the wider world population in general, or annexing Cambodia as a seaside resort to a certain demographic?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:44 pmAs for getting back to normal- it would be great if some of the previous normality NEVER came back. But being a realist...
I hear you brother. Though I do earn my living with tourists, some of the side-effect I could well do without. But fat chance of that happening.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

what i took away from this was if you own a hotel, restaurant or any other business that relies on tourist you're f***ed!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:36 pm what i took away from this was if you own a hotel, restaurant or any other business that relies on tourist you're f***ed!
its not just tourism related;
think about how much rice, fish, meat, pork, chickens those missing 6 million tourists wont be eating>
think about the thousands of ltrs of gas, fuel that wont be used by those missing tourists
think about the number of souvenirs, tee shirts, shoes that those missing tourist wont be buying.
Think about the number of lady drinks that wont be brought or bar fines paid
6 million visas that wont be issued!!!!!
even bottles of water

it goes far beyond hotels, restaurants bars & ankor wat
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:36 pm what i took away from this was if you own a hotel, restaurant or any other business that relies on tourist you're f***ed!
I live and work in a town that has no other industry than tourism. Not just the hotels or restaurants, think all the guides, drivers, cabbies, porters, massage parlors, hair dressers, the list is endless.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Don't worry the world's stock markets say it will all soon be back to normal, except for commercial real estate and business travel!

https://app.hedgeye.com/insights/93549- ... t-insights
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:01 pm Don't worry the world's stock markets say it will all soon be back to normal, except for commercial real estate and business travel!

https://app.hedgeye.com/insights/93549- ... t-insights
I'd be very worried if i had "a horse in the race" the so called recovery road map has no set date for international tourism to resume, its just hot air!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

One thing about a draft roadmap..
Spoiler:
it can be redrafted :good:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:44 pm Think about the number of lady drinks that wont be brought or bar fines paid

tbh though ive only hit the bars a few times since being back to see friends
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic