Cambodia monkey farm?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Glauco83
Expatriate
Italy

Cambodia monkey farm?

Post by Glauco83 »

I just read on the newspaper that camodia have a lot of monkey farm, they sell this mo key to usa or china for test medicine.
Anyone have any contact of this farm? Can i buy one from tem, and give it a better life?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Camodia monkey farm

Post by Ghostwriter »

Unless i'm mistaken, the Center for Primates Protection 's main offices are right below :

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... phnom+penh

I wouldn't adopt one though, the amount of chest beating is insane.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

That's easily one of the worst ideas I've seen on here, and that's a pretty high bar.
Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc »

Your joking I hope. You have no idea in hell how too deal with it just by the sounds of your post huge responsibilities mega..
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

To be fair, my ex mother in law had a pet monkey. It was a delightful little creature. And much fun until it was hungry and tired and horny at the same time. Then that little shit was like Satan reincarnated. No amount of mealworms would calm that little fucker down.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Yerg wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:51 am To be fair, my ex mother in law had a pet monkey. It was a delightful little creature. And much fun until it was hungry and tired and horny at the same time. Then that little shit was like Satan reincarnated. No amount of mealworms would calm that little fucker down.
Correct, not good pets. They'll wreck a whole house. I recommend tarantulas as pets and let them roam freely inside. All insects will disappear.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

I got a delightful little monkey 🐒 now ! It got me kicked out of a restaurant yesturdday , wanna see pictures about what it did ?
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

...And another one !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devolved_ ... iament.jpg

Those ones cannot get any better life, although they do like to throw poo at each others.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

Creatures that throw and eat poop are probably best not taken as pets. Even at the zoo, monkeys are known to have poo fights, a fact that can make a visit go downhill pretty quick if the monkey's got good aim.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/814017/hilar ... -laughter/
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Ghostwriter wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:30 am Unless i'm mistaken, the Center for Primates Protection 's main offices are right below :

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... phnom+penh

I wouldn't adopt one though, the amount of chest beating is insane.
They must be the French monkeys, British ones are far more modest.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic