Swab test before leaving Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kevin168
Expatriate
United States of America

Swab test before leaving Cambodia?

Post by Kevin168 »

Do we need to take a swab test before leaving Cambodia? Just making sure because i'm leaving Cambodia in a week, and the person helping me with ticket and everything charging me $130 just for the swab test...
Anyone have any info? Thanks in advance.
Oumedc
Expatriate

Re: Swab test

Post by Oumedc »

Depends on the Country you are going ?

Its 100 usd for the Test and 30 for the paperwork
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

If you transit through Taipei, Taiwan you WILL NEED the nasopharyngeal swap PCR. In fact EVA airlines will send you an e-mail on the exact test and the format they want it in. IATA recommends results 72 hrs before arrival, aka, get the results and paper 1 day before flying out.

Here is the template that EVA provides. EVA has 1 flight a week from Phnom Penh.

As for transiting through South Korea or Singapore, I don’t know. More than likely required.

Note test is NOT required to enter the United States.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Not required by Cambodian authorities for people departing, but you do need to double check the requirements of the airlines, transit locations and obviously the final destination.

Testing or the purpose of air travel is comducted at the NIPH - National Institute of Public Health, open 7 days, total cost is $130, don't forget to take your passport. Medical Certificate and lab results (as posted by NEw Kid above) are issued the following day at 1700hrs, and are dated the day issued, not day tested.
Ramagel
Tourist
Indonesia

Post by Ramagel »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:16 pm Not required by Cambodian authorities for people departing, but you do need to double check the requirements of the airlines, transit locations and obviously the final destination.

Testing or the purpose of air travel is comducted at the NIPH - National Institute of Public Health, open 7 days, total cost is $130, don't forget to take your passport. Medical Certificate and lab results (as posted by NEw Kid above) are issued the following day at 1700hrs, and are dated the day issued, not day tested.
1700 hours means 70 days for issuing pcr result, is that correct?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

No 1700 = 5pm time to pickup the results
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Ramagel wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:13 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:16 pm Not required by Cambodian authorities for people departing, but you do need to double check the requirements of the airlines, transit locations and obviously the final destination.

you cant be serious, right?
work is for people who cant find truffles
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

truffledog wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:43 pm
Ramagel wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:13 pm

you cant be serious, right?
Just smile 😁 some people need a little more help than others
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Swab test before leaving Cambodia?

Post by newkidontheblock »

Just forget what I said about Taiwan.

Taiwan is now closed to transit starting Jan 1.

Only open to receive Taiwanese citizens returning from abroad.

Good luck.
Ramagel
Tourist
Indonesia

Re: Swab test before leaving Cambodia?

Post by Ramagel »

just an info, singapore now need swab test result for transitting in changgi airports
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic