Swab test before leaving Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Swab test before leaving Cambodia?

Post by BklynBoy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:16 pm There are 3 clinics in PP authorised to conduct PCR testing for the purpose of overseas travel...

OPTION 1: National Institute of Public Health - NIPH
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZWUDMbtGdiZkRtbv6

- Open 7 days - no appointments, walk-in only. Open on all Public Holidays
- 0730-1200hrs/1330-1730hrs
- Cost $130 (PCR Test only) or $150 (PCR Test & Serology IgM Antibody Test)
- Take passport & flight itinerary
- Medical Certificate and lab report are issued the following day, at 1000hrs for those who test in the morning, and at 1500hrs for those who test in the afternoon.
- Medical Certificate is dated the day issued, lab report states date/time sample collected
- To save time when you arrive, it is advisable to register beforehand at
https://www.nphl.niph.org.kh/covid19/en

OPTION 2: Institut Pasteur du Cambodge

- Open Mon - Sat only. CLOSED Public Holidays
- Testing times between 0730 - 0900hrs only.
- Cost $80
- Test results available for collection at 0800 hrs the following day.
- You MUST make an appointment via email, and you are required to attach your flight tickets and a copy of your passport bio-page and complete an appointment form.
- Email: [email protected]

OPTION 3: Intercare Medical Center

- Open Mon - Sat only. CLOSED Public Holidays
- Testing times between 0730 - 1130 & 1300 - 1600 only.
- RT-PCR test with certificate USD$125, and RT-PCR test with Fit to Fly certificate USD$130.
- Swab taken between 0730 - 0930, results issued between 1700 - 1800 on the same day.
- Swab taken after 0930, results issued between 1000 - 1200 the following day.
- For booking and more information, contact at: 023 996 900 / 010 678 324 or email [email protected] / [email protected]

If you only require a professionally administered Rapid Antigen Test, the following are approved and provide the necessary report for travel;

- Intercare Medical Center
- Singapore Medical Center Cambodia
- Raffles Medical Cambodia

Institut Pasteur du Cambodge[/b]
-- i used this one and was efficient. I was concerned because returning to USA and needed it within 24 hours. It worked out fine. I went the morning before and returned the next day in Morning
This was in September 2021
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

International arrivals to Australia will no longer need to return a negative PCR test within the three days prior to their flight.

Joakim
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Joakim »

How abut PCR or AntiGen when flying from PP to Frankfurt (and onward to Sweden) and transiting in Bangkok. Everything on the same ticket. Do I need a PCR or just an AntiGen?
I tried to find info but its a jungle out there with a lot of old info.
Anyone did a similar trip recently?
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

i went PNH-BKK-DUBAI-AMS on 22ste january, had pcr and covid-insurance for thailand, you need that also just for transit in the airport and most people dont know it !! No idea they are okay with the antigentest, i just did the PCR at Pasteur, it costed me 80US, better that then trying to save some money on the test and lose your connection. You can try the airlines-website, but 10 days ago it was a "knowbody knows" !!
Joakim
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Joakim »

Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:48 pm i went PNH-BKK-DUBAI-AMS on 22ste january, had pcr and covid-insurance for thailand, you need that also just for transit in the airport and most people dont know it !! No idea they are okay with the antigentest, i just did the PCR at Pasteur, it costed me 80US, better that then trying to save some money on the test and lose your connection. You can try the airlines-website, but 10 days ago it was a "knowbody knows" !!
probably You're right about the PCR (over AntiGen).
I've emailed them asking for a test.

About the insurance. Its correct that U need a Covid-insurance even if U just transit in BKK.
My insurance at home covers that. I have a signed original document in English clearly stated that it cover Covid, unlimited, from my insurance company in Sweden.
If U don't have U can buy at the airport (PNH) for 45US
the other swiss
Tourist
Switzerland

Post by the other swiss »

"covid-insurance for thailand, you need that also just for transit in the airport and most people dont know it !! "

it is a must have. if you don't have, you have to buy a covid-insurance "online" at check-in in Phnom Penh airport.

you also need a negative pcr-test!! even if you only transit Bangkok (at least I did on February 1.).

I travelled phn - bkk - dubai - switzerland
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

the other swiss wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:35 pm "covid-insurance for thailand, you need that also just for transit in the airport and most people dont know it !! "

it is a must have. if you don't have, you have to buy a covid-insurance "online" at check-in in Phnom Penh airport.

you also need a negative pcr-test!! even if you only transit Bangkok (at least I did on February 1.).

Thanks for highlighting these details.
Boredom is like a shroud
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Yeah my mates transiting through bangkok soon n ive just let him know thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Joakim
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Joakim »

I send E-mail to Institut Pasteur du Cambodge on Wednesday 2/2 about a test Saturday 5/2. Got answer Thursday morning that they was fully booked 5/7.

So a tip is probably to contact them as soon as you know what date you need the test.

So I went to National Institute of Public Health - NIPH. Not too long time to wait. all and all about 1/2 Hr.

But they only take Cash or ABA Pay!
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

the other swiss wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:35 pm "covid-insurance for thailand, you need that also just for transit in the airport and most people dont know it !! "

Do you know any online insurance you can book online for transit in Bangkok airport? Thanks.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic