Swab test before leaving Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Swab test before leaving Cambodia?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

There have been no reports from the MoH of people having tested positive from tests conducted for the purpose of travel at the NIPH. As there are currently no cases of COVID detected in the community, it is extremely unlikely that you will be unlucky enough to be the one person who does test positive. The MoH reports every single positive case publicly, you can easily find this information online.

Ref the flight option via Kuala Lumpur you mentioned, commercial passenger flights to/from Malaysia remain suspended by Cambodian authorities, even though airlines such as Malaysia Air are still advertising and selling tickets.
Thorix
Tourist
Denmark

Post by Thorix »

did u expect them to allow you on the plane if u tested positive??
What?

You missed the point. What I didn't expect was Cambodian authorities taking me into 14 days quarantine in the city where I have lived for years in case I tested + in that test, as I stated in my previous post. The guy at the agency was probably talking BS, as the many other agencies I asked about a way out that they just answered "Cannot, border closed you can't, you wait". I'd say that in this covidian times of confusion nobody knows a fuck about anything for certain.

Anyway, thanks to @PSD-Kiwi for his answers. It matches my idea that as long as you oil the gears, you are free to do whatever you want in a world where everyone has a price.

Many thanks to all of you and best regards.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@Thorix P.S. every single person who tests positive in Cambodia is hospitalised, regardless if they are actually suffering any negative health symptoms caused by COVID.

And no, the pre-flight PCR testing has nothing to do with oiling the gears as you put it...all samples are tested. The pre-flight PCR test is required by Thailand, same as many other countries around the world. It is not a Cambodian Govt requirement for people leaving the country.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Swab test is now required for entry to the US.

Hope it clears things up.

Good luck!
BacardiWoke
Tourist
Cuba

Post by BacardiWoke »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:54 pm
One of the agencies I visited today, told me that if I test positive in Phnom Penh, they will reclude me in some hospital here for 14 days at my own expense.
did u expect them to allow you on the plane if u tested positive??

I think he just wants to quarantine at home. You can do that in many countries. Cambodia is not one of those countries it appears.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The NIPH have changed their testing location to the Chak Angre Health Centre, and are only testing in the mornings now.

Not sure whether temporary due to recent cases who had been for tests at the NIPH testing centre, or permanent.

[English Below]
សេចក្តីជូនដំណឹង

ចាប់ពីថ្ងៃនេះតទៅការធ្វើតេស្ដ និង វិញ្ញាបនប័ត្រកូវីដ១៩ (COVID 19) សម្រាប់អ្នកដែលមានបំណងធ្វើដំណើរទៅក្រៅប្រទេស សូមអញ្ជើញមកពិគ្រោះ និងធ្វើតេស្ត នៅ មណ្ទលសុខភាពចាក់អង្រែ។
អាសយដ្ឋាន: https://goo.gl/maps/5saUAvamjNcPL3Di7

⚠️ ម៉ោងធ្វើតេស្ដគឺរៀងរាល់ថ្ងៃចាប់ពីម៉ោង ៧.៣០ ព្រឹកដល់ម៉ោង ១២ សៀល

សម្រាប់លោកអ្នកដែលចង់បានវិញ្ញាបនប័ត្រខាងលើ សូមអញ្ជើញមកពិគ្រោះ និងធ្វើតេស្តនៅមណ្ទលសុខភាពចាក់អង្រែដោយភ្ជាប់មកជាមួយលិខិតឆ្លងដែន(𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭)ដែលមានសុពលភាព។

ពត៌មានបន្ថែមសូមទាក់ទងលេខ 012 939 441 លោក សាស្រ្តាចារ្យជំនួយ ចៅ តារាភ័ក្រ្ត ឬទូរស័ព្ទទៅលេខ ១១៥
-----

Important Announcement!
From today onwards, the COVID-19 test and certificate for travelers wishing to travel abroad will be done at Chak Angre Health Center. Please go for testing at Chak Angre Health Center.

Address: https://goo.gl/maps/5saUAvamjNcPL3Di7

⚠️𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝟕.𝟑𝟎𝐚𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝟏𝟐𝐩𝐦 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐝𝐚𝐲.

For those of you who want to get the above certificate, travelers leaving the country must bring a valid 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 to Chak Angre Health Center to get a test and certificate.

Please call Prof. Chau Darapheak for more information on this service 012 939 441 or call hotline 115.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:58 pm The NIPH have changed their testing location to the Chak Angre Health Centre, and are only testing in the mornings now.

Not sure whether temporary due to recent cases who had been for tests at the NIPH testing centre, or permanent.

[English Below]
សេចក្តីជូនដំណឹង

ចាប់ពីថ្ងៃនេះតទៅការធ្វើតេស្ដ និង វិញ្ញាបនប័ត្រកូវីដ១៩ (COVID 19) សម្រាប់អ្នកដែលមានបំណងធ្វើដំណើរទៅក្រៅប្រទេស សូមអញ្ជើញមកពិគ្រោះ និងធ្វើតេស្ត នៅ មណ្ទលសុខភាពចាក់អង្រែ។
អាសយដ្ឋាន: https://goo.gl/maps/5saUAvamjNcPL3Di7

⚠️ ម៉ោងធ្វើតេស្ដគឺរៀងរាល់ថ្ងៃចាប់ពីម៉ោង ៧.៣០ ព្រឹកដល់ម៉ោង ១២ សៀល

សម្រាប់លោកអ្នកដែលចង់បានវិញ្ញាបនប័ត្រខាងលើ សូមអញ្ជើញមកពិគ្រោះ និងធ្វើតេស្តនៅមណ្ទលសុខភាពចាក់អង្រែដោយភ្ជាប់មកជាមួយលិខិតឆ្លងដែន(𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭)ដែលមានសុពលភាព។

ពត៌មានបន្ថែមសូមទាក់ទងលេខ 012 939 441 លោក សាស្រ្តាចារ្យជំនួយ ចៅ តារាភ័ក្រ្ត ឬទូរស័ព្ទទៅលេខ ១១៥
-----

Important Announcement!
From today onwards, the COVID-19 test and certificate for travelers wishing to travel abroad will be done at Chak Angre Health Center. Please go for testing at Chak Angre Health Center.

Address: https://goo.gl/maps/5saUAvamjNcPL3Di7

⚠️𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝟕.𝟑𝟎𝐚𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝟏𝟐𝐩𝐦 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐝𝐚𝐲.

For those of you who want to get the above certificate, travelers leaving the country must bring a valid 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 to Chak Angre Health Center to get a test and certificate.

Please call Prof. Chau Darapheak for more information on this service 012 939 441 or call hotline 115.
Is this still the official testing center for people who need to travel abroad? Is it open every day? I need the test that will be accepted by the airline and when I arrive overseas.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@daeum_tnaot disregard the post about relocation of testing, they only relocated for 2 days during the initial Feb outbreak. Testing is back at the NIPH now...

The only clinic in PP authorised to conduct PCR testing for the purpose of overseas travel is the National Institute of Public Health - NIPH

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZWUDMbtGdiZkRtbv6

- Open 7 days for testing, including public holidays
- 0730-1200hrs/1330-1730hrs
- Cost is $130
- must take your passport
- Medical Certificate and lab report are issued the following day between 1700 - 1900hrs, regardless of what time you get tested the day before
- Medical Certificate is dated the day issued, lab report states date/time sample collected
- You can register beforehand at
https://www.nphl.niph.org.kh/covid19/en

daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:33 am @daeum_tnaot disregard the post about relocation of testing, they only relocated for 2 days during the initial Feb outbreak. Testing is back at the NIPH now...

The only clinic in PP authorised to conduct PCR testing for the purpose of overseas travel is the National Institute of Public Health - NIPH

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZWUDMbtGdiZkRtbv6

- Open 7 days for testing, including public holidays
- 0730-1200hrs/1330-1730hrs
- Cost is $130
- must take your passport
- Medical Certificate and lab report are issued the following day between 1700 - 1900hrs, regardless of what time you get tested the day before
- Medical Certificate is dated the day issued, lab report states date/time sample collected
- You can register beforehand at
https://www.nphl.niph.org.kh/covid19/en

Hi PSD Kiwi, that's great, thank you! SO we can do it on the weekend. We are looking at a last minute departure.

As far as you are aware, is there any advantage to registering in advance?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@daeum_tnaot not sure, the registration option wasn't available any of the times I had to get tested. May as well do it, might save you some time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic