Rolls Royce Owner Pardons Motorcyclist in Xmas Crash

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Rolls Royce Owner Pardons Motorcyclist in Xmas Crash

Post by Jerry Atrick »

To me it looks like car and bike both traveling in the same direction and bike cut or swerved in from the left and got a foot-peg and a bar end entangled in the front of the rolls.

Anyhow, not my car, not my problem
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Asking for a pardon is a bit cheeky, but then again, it was probably more like begging for it. Heartwarming story just at the right time, coincidentally.

Safe travels!
Sir Stephen
Expatriate
France

Post by Sir Stephen »

Strawberryshake
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Strawberryshake »

The photo proves to me that real estate developers are overpricing us...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Did you know that Rolls Royce sold about 93 cars in their first year their dealership opened here? The starting price for the cheapest model was $600k, and nobody buys the basic model without extras. There are loads of them at unofficial dealers too. Just to think people were surprised at the prevelance of Lexus and Range Rovers a few years ago.
Personally I think you should be free to buy whatever you want if you have the money. However I think it's seriously wasteful. My home country has far more wealth than here even though it's half the size and has a far smaller population. The difference is that nobody really wants to show off. Top end Mercedes aren't uncommon but very few would drive a Roller, it would be seen as ostentatious and crass.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I gotta say that since I've been living in PP, I've seen more uber luxo cars driving around here than my original home city in Australia.

Reminds me of reading a news article in the Bangkok Post (I'd say it was early 1990's before the Asian financial crisis) that said a Mercedes dealership in BKK was the biggest volume sales dealership anywhere in the world at the time.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

In response to JB and Clutch, the reason clearly lies in penis size.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:53 am In response to JB and Clutch, the reason clearly lies in penis size.
What does having nice car (and being able to afford one) have to do with penis size? Let me guess, you drive a 50cc Daelim because you have an extra large cock.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:21 pm I gotta say that since I've been living in PP, I've seen more uber luxo cars driving around here than my original home city in Australia.

Reminds me of reading a news article in the Bangkok Post (I'd say it was early 1990's before the Asian financial crisis) that said a Mercedes dealership in BKK was the biggest volume sales dealership anywhere in the world at the time.
In the late 80`s BKK had also a fair share of RR rolling about. Not only the royal ones. More skyscrapers appeared, more RR`s roling around in BKK..maybe something similar is happeing in PP?
work is for people who cant find truffles
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

cambo swa wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:44 am
Username Taken wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:53 am In response to JB and Clutch, the reason clearly lies in penis size.
What does having nice car (and being able to afford one) have to do with penis size? Let me guess, you drive a 50cc Daelim because you have an extra large cock.
Yes, that's right.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic