OK place with 2 bedrooms near Pencil - $300

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: OK place with 2 bedrooms near Pencil - $300

Post by phuketrichard »

beyond.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:16 pm The location is good, safe, and close to everywhere.

49 concrete steps x 2 every day, knee injury or never wanna go out lifestyle. This includes carrying drinking water 49 steps up every day.
$2.73 per sqm may or may not worth it depending on how you treat yourself.

For aircon lovers, it will be a similar price to stay in a 5 star hotel. For people with desktop PCs as well as they consume power significantly. I would expect from a jealous opponent a better property instead of a wannabe swot analysis show. And no photos, definitely not fishy but amateur. Your jealousness makes sense now. I recommend you work harder, find a better property, and see how professionals advertise the property.

Is this Khmer style high-end property built according to any fire code such as NFPA or British Standards or just we'll understand it after seeing people die from smoke in the first 15 minutes of fire?

Major construction site nearby: hello cancer, amazing cement dust, and all kinds of chemical particles 24 hours a day inside and outside the house.

Price is not good, life is not so cheap.
Arm chair is not a realtor and i venture to guess he is only trying to help his land lady rent the place.
Wow amazing seems the electricity costs in Cambodia are 3 x more expensive than in Thailand and 2 times more expensive than in Phillipines
Hardley

1200 riel is 8.96 baht.

I pay 3.87 baht/kwh and i doubt anyone in thailand gets it cheaper

On hot sticky nights will run my air con in the bedroom ( 20 sqm) from 10 pm- 6 am at 27 degrees which is enough to eliminate the humidity and cool it down a bit, ( also run the fan as well)
Costs me an average of 12 baht/night apx $.40 to run the air con on those nights
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

beyond.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:16 pm The location is good, safe, and close to everywhere.
This area of Phnom Penh is fortunately not that large, and easy walking distance (wet season, take a tuk-tuk.)
beyond.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:16 pm 49 concrete steps x 2 every day, knee injury or never wanna go out lifestyle. This includes carrying drinking water 49 steps up every day.
Yes, your dodgy knee is likely to be a problem in many places in and around Phnom Penh. I have a slightly dodgy knee, though, and both my previous apartments were 2nd floor, with lots of steps. The benefit is about a half kilo drop per week, until you plateau somewhere, and you've given the CV system a bit of a workout.
beyond.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:16 pm For aircon lovers, it will be a similar price to stay in a 5 star hotel. For people with desktop PCs as well as they consume power significantly.
I'm slightly surprised at the number of people, (other than Chinese setting up their little impromptu internet operations) who choose Cambodia for a comfortable stay at home existence. It's just never struck me as being that sort of deal.
beyond.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:16 pm
I would expect from a jealous opponent a better property instead of a wannabe swot analysis show. And no photos, definitely not fishy but amateur. Your jealousness makes sense now. I recommend you work harder, find a better property, and see how professionals advertise the property.
2 posts, it says on your profile, which might suggest that you've made little to no effort to understand the regulars on the forum, or the local environment. your post being deliberately antagonistic. I call Troll.
However, I'll try to assist you further.

beyond.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:16 pm Is this Khmer style high-end property built according to any fire code such as NFPA or British Standards or just we'll understand it after seeing people die from smoke in the first 15 minutes of fire?
This is Cambodia. A glance around the streets, and many news articles will give you some insight into Cambodia. There was a report of just such an event in the last few weeks from a member. What are you seeking in Cambodia, that you focus so quickly on an ad for a place to rent, that is known by a couple of expats already here, in what can be a frustrating minefield when seeking an apartment? Will your knee injury impede your evacuation in any building, anywhere in the world, above ground/first floor?
That said- if this is the apartment that I recall, it's a better prospect by far than many you'll find.
beyond.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:16 pm Major construction site nearby: hello cancer, amazing cement dust, and all kinds of chemical particles 24 hours a day inside and outside the house.
This is Phnom Penh. If this worries you greatly, I'd suggest not looking at Sihanouk just yet. This sort of thing is happening all over the place. If you suffer from OCD, you may be significantly on the back foot here.
beyond.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:16 pm Price is not good, life is not so cheap.
Price is what the landlady has set, but fortunately you are not obliged to rent it, seen or unseen. The choice being entirely yours- if it's not for you, don't rent it.

After reading the first line of the post, and the thread, how did you even manage to conclude this was any form of commercial advertisement?

ps. still 6 more days of boredom and listlessnessness
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:51 am
This area of Phnom Penh is fortunately not that large, and easy walking distance (wet season, take a tuk-tuk.)
beyond.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:16 pm 49 concrete steps x 2 every day, knee injury or never wanna go out lifestyle. This includes carrying drinking water 49 steps up every day.
Yes, your dodgy knee is likely to be a problem in many places in and around Phnom Penh. I have a slightly dodgy knee, though, and both my previous apartments were 2nd floor, with lots of steps. The benefit is about a half kilo drop per week, until you plateau somewhere, and you've given the CV system a bit of a workout.
beyond.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:16 pm For aircon lovers, it will be a similar price to stay in a 5 star hotel. For people with desktop PCs as well as they consume power significantly.
I'm slightly surprised at the number of people, (other than Chinese setting up their little impromptu internet operations) who choose Cambodia for a comfortable stay at home existence. It's just never struck me as being that sort of deal.
beyond.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:16 pm
I would expect from a jealous opponent a better property instead of a wannabe swot analysis show. And no photos, definitely not fishy but amateur. Your jealousness makes sense now. I recommend you work harder, find a better property, and see how professionals advertise the property.
2 posts, it says on your profile, which might suggest that you've made little to no effort to understand the regulars on the forum, or the local environment. your post being deliberately antagonistic. I call Troll.
However, I'll try to assist you further.

beyond.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:16 pm Is this Khmer style high-end property built according to any fire code such as NFPA or British Standards or just we'll understand it after seeing people die from smoke in the first 15 minutes of fire?
This is Cambodia. A glance around the streets, and many news articles will give you some insight into Cambodia. There was a report of just such an event in the last few weeks from a member. What are you seeking in Cambodia, that you focus so quickly on an ad for a place to rent, that is known by a couple of expats already here, in what can be a frustrating minefield when seeking an apartment? Will your knee injury impede your evacuation in any building, anywhere in the world, above ground/first floor?
That said- if this is the apartment that I recall, it's a better prospect by far than many you'll find.
beyond.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:16 pm Major construction site nearby: hello cancer, amazing cement dust, and all kinds of chemical particles 24 hours a day inside and outside the house.
This is Phnom Penh. If this worries you greatly, I'd suggest not looking at Sihanouk just yet. This sort of thing is happening all over the place. If you suffer from OCD, you may be significantly on the back foot here.
beyond.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:16 pm Price is not good, life is not so cheap.
Price is what the landlady has set, but fortunately you are not obliged to rent it, seen or unseen. The choice being entirely yours- if it's not for you, don't rent it.

After reading the first line of the post, and the thread, how did you even manage to conclude this was any form of commercial advertisement?

ps. still 6 more days of boredom and listlessnessness

Only first comment added something to my comments.
Others are just writen to say something. Btw, my knee is not dodgy.
You have no idea of what fire safety means. There are standards for it. Some buildings follow it some not. You should warn about it. We have a NFPA and British standars fire consultant architect in our team who was in the design team of Trump Towers, Hitachi industrial building, Samsung buildings and World's second biggest waste to electric power plant and she analysis all property before we post. You can't support a wrong act by saying this is Cambodia, this is life etc. The tenants have the right to learn fire safe and chemical safe buildings and houses which exist in PP and Sihanoukville.
Sentences like choise is yours to add some true sentences to maningless paragraphs, well, really? Did I say he is forcing someone? He is not clearly warning about reality or don't know it and using a pros cons to skip the moral responsibility of a realtor or someone trying to find a tenant for friends. That is dodgy
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I don't see any problem with a CEO member posting a private ad to help out his landlady, or any other friend.
This is a forum for members.

The way you jumped in with the Realtor talk was rude in my opinion. I don't think it helped your cause at all.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Basta.beyond

Exactly why did you hide behind a second persona? Just to attack another poster, who was simply letting other members of the forum know about an apartment of which he has personal knowledge?

The OP (whom I know) is not, and has not to my knowledge, represented the apartment as anything other than one that is available, which may be of interest to any members looking for an apartment. Passing on some details between members. I myself would have been interested, had we not already taken a different apartment already.

It’s a shame that your own effort in this particular matter is so cynical, when to date I’ve had some interest in your postings. Are you now that desperate to behave like this? Or is it normally in your nature?

Now, I’ll just add you to the ignore list. Well done. No need to reply.

Have a prosperous new year.
Last edited by Freightdog on Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

obviously bastar has an interest in pushing up prices
by discouraging private rentals
and sowing FUD
so that people are happy to pay inflated prices for a 'reputable' agent

monstra mihi bona!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:35 pm Exactly why did you hide behind a second persona? Just to attack another poster, who was simply letting other members of the forum know about an apartment of which he has personal knowledge?
Yeah, I wondered that too..why the need for a sock?

The other thing is.. member's expectations will differ depending on whether an ad is by a realtor or not. Armchairlawyer is not, Basta is. Simple. Why the revenge attack?

Actually, I thought Armchair's pros and cons was effective for potential renters as a non realtor. And he was straight up about no pics and if those interested want to take it further, they can.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:15 pm
Freightdog wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:35 pm Exactly why did you hide behind a second persona? Just to attack another poster, who was simply letting other members of the forum know about an apartment of which he has personal knowledge?
Yeah, I wondered that too..why the need for a sock?

The other thing is.. member's expectations will differ depending on whether an ad is by a realtor or not. Armchairlawyer is not, Basta is. Simple. Why the revenge attack?

Actually, I thought Armchair's pros and cons was effective for potential renters as a non realtor. And he was straight up about no pics and if those interested want to take it further, they can.

so ban the sock>>>>
talk is cheap, lets see some action.....
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:23 pm so ban the sock>>>>
talk is cheap, lets see some action.....
Agreed. beyond.cambodia is adios.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Yeah, sorry I didn't post photos, I didn't have any false ones to hand.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic