UK Flights Cancelled as Borders Close

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: UK Flights Cancelled as Borders Close

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:01 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:49 pm my parents now have covid :O
Sorry to hear that. All the best.
my mums a strong northern gal, shes already fought off cancer and pneumonia in recent years but this virus seems to effect people with pre health conditions pretty badly, so it is a little worrying
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:28 am
whatwat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:49 pm
When was the last time you saw them?
COVID doesn’t “show” for at least 24 hours, no or not?
would have been 3 weeks ago now,
and not sure, my mum works at the hospital, 20 people on her ward have caught it, theyre having to get military nurses in now to fill the gaps and offering healthy nurses double time plus £100 cash up front to take on extra shifts
As a nurse she’s required to get the vaccine I believe.
All the best to them both!
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

whatwat wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:15 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:28 am
whatwat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:49 pm
When was the last time you saw them?
COVID doesn’t “show” for at least 24 hours, no or not?
would have been 3 weeks ago now,
and not sure, my mum works at the hospital, 20 people on her ward have caught it, theyre having to get military nurses in now to fill the gaps and offering healthy nurses double time plus £100 cash up front to take on extra shifts
As a nurse she’s required to get the vaccine I believe.
All the best to them both!
yes i think the day she tested positive was the day before she was meant to get vaccinated, but now has to self isolate
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

Is there any official info on how long the Singapore ban is likely to last? We were just waiting for a visa to go back to England which we were expecting any day now....
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Bubble T wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:49 am Is there any official info on how long the Singapore ban is likely to last? We were just waiting for a visa to go back to England which we were expecting any day now....
I read most of these bans are until at least the end of this month then they will reevaluate it.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

whatwat wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:15 pm
Bubble T wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:49 am Is there any official info on how long the Singapore ban is likely to last? We were just waiting for a visa to go back to England which we were expecting any day now....
I read most of these bans are until at least the end of this month then they will reevaluate it.
I'm not so sure. They might want to know an awful lot more about this new mutation and have firm data about it before they risk letting in in the country. A super contagious version is not want you want to let in if you can help it, especially with vaccines available in the coming months.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:40 pm
whatwat wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:15 pm
I'm not so sure. They might want to know an awful lot more about this new mutation and have firm data about it before they risk letting in in the country. A super contagious version is not want you want to let in if you can help it, especially with vaccines available in the coming months.
The irony is the UK has the best genome sequencing labs in the world which is why they discovered it first. Wether it originated in the UK is another quest that they will surely answer.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

South Korea to Suspend Flights from Britain on Worry about COVID-19 Variant
23/12/20 20:42
SEOUL, Dec. 23 (Xinhua) -- South Korea's health authorities said on Wednesday that the country will suspend flights from Britain till the end of this year in order to contain the spread of a new COVID-19 variant found in the European country.

Yoon Tae-ho, a senior official at the health ministry, told a press briefing that all flights coming from Britain will be halted from Wednesday through Dec. 31 in order to prevent import of the new COVID-19 strain discovered in Britain.

Flights from South Korea's western port city of Incheon to London will be maintained as usual.

Under the new measures, all arrivals from Britain will be put under a 14-day quarantine, and required to take an additional virus test when the quarantine is lifted.

Body temperature checks will be tightened on all arrivals from Britain, and all flight attendants will be required to receive the virus test.

The new COVID-19 variant reported in Britain is known to be more contagious.

In the past two months, a total of 15 arrivals from Britain have been tested positive for the coronavirus, including 11 South Koreans and four foreign nationals.
http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/e ... 53-44.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Official request to rename this thread from "UK Flights Cancelled as Borders Close" to "Leper Island Flights Cancelled as Borders Close"
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:46 pm Flights from South Korea's western port city of Incheon to London will be maintained as usual.
This is significant as it means there is still a way to get from here back to the UK for those that need to.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic