Loan Shark Man Dies in Phnom Penh Shooting

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Loan Shark Man Dies in Phnom Penh Shooting

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

ImageImage
Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On December 17, 2020, at 3 pm, a man died on the way to the hospital after getting shot 4 times on a narrow road in Toul Key village, Sangkat Pleung Chesrotes, Khan Kombol, Phnom Penh.

The source said the victim was identified as Nov Chamnan, 45 years old, a dealer, and a loan sharker. He lived in Sangkat Chom Chao, Khan Porsenchey. The suspect hasn't been identified yet.

Before the incident, the loan shark man received a telephone call, so he drove a PCX motorbike plate PP1ID-7477 from the steam place in Kham Chom Chao to the scene where the suspect shot the victim, causing him to get seriously injured.

The victim's family sent him to the hospital, but he died on the way. Then, the family took the body back home to prepare for the funeral.

The police went to the scene to collect all the evidence and search for the suspect or suspects.
Spoiler:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Loan Shark Man Dies in Phnom Penh Shooting

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): The gunman who shot a man in Sangkat Phleung Cheh Roteh, Khan Kambol on December 17, 2020, was arrested by the specialized force of the Criminal Police Department on December 19, 2020.

The assailant, 30-year-old Sok Heng Bo, lives in Srenh Village, Sangkat Pong Teuk, Khan Dangkor, Phnom Penh. The reason for shooting the victim was because the assailant owed the victim $ 10,000, and the victim kept demanding his money back every day, and the suspect had no money to pay him.
So then the suspect called the man to meet up with him on a lonely road, and he shot him to death on the road before leaving the scene.
Police are questioning the suspect.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Update with further details on the case:
Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: Finally, the Criminal Police Force of Kambol District has arrested the killer who shot and killed a man on the afternoon of December 19, 2020 on Veng Sreng Street, Sangkat Choam Chao II, Khan Por Sen Chey.
The assailant is Sok Heng Sambo, male, 31 years old, living in Phum Sre Nhor, Sangkat Pong Teuk, Khan Dangkor. In front of the police, the assailant confessed that he called the victim to meet him on the lonely road, planning to shoot him because he owed him money, and the gun that he used for the killing was a CZ.
Victim's name: Neou Chamnan, male, 45 years old, occupation: land broker, car, motorbike and mortgage holder, residing in Prey Pring Tbong village, Sangkat Choam Chao 3, Khan Por Sen Chey.
The suspect is currently being questioned by the Kambol district criminal force.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The reason for shooting the victim was because the assailant owed the victim $ 10,000, and the victim kept demanding his money back every day, and the suspect had no money to pay him.
So then the suspect called the man to meet up with him on a lonely road, and he shot him to death on the road before leaving the scene.
Reminds me of Srey Choppy :assasin:

It's a hostile, dangerous world for a loan shark it seems.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

So the loan shark had no money and owed money, not very good at his trade
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

atst wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:25 am So the loan shark had no money and owed money, not very good at his trade
One of us is reading the article wrong. If I am not mistaken, it was the shooter that had no money.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

hanno wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:28 am
atst wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:25 am So the loan shark had no money and owed money, not very good at his trade
One of us is reading the article wrong. If I am not mistaken, it was the shooter that had no money.
The victim a dealer and loan shark, obviously borrowed money to lend to others
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

atst wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:36 am
I think you still have this wrong. Why would the shooter kill someone who owed him money?
You know that victim refers to the dead guy, right?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I do not read that anywhere, not obvious to me.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

khmerhamster wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:54 am
I think you still have this wrong. Why would the shooter kill someone who owed him money?
You know that victim refers to the dead guy, right?
Sorry my mix up teach me to have a quiet night off the piss , not thinking straight
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic