Is Cambodia Post working normally at the moment?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Is Cambodia Post working normally at the moment?

Post by xandreu »

I need to order something from abroad and they only have one delivery option (No DHL etc) and they tell me the final carrier will be Cambodia Post.

I've not used Cambodia Post for anything for a couple of years. I just wondered, with all the Covid stuff going on, are Cambodia Post open and running normally?

Thanks
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
linkjohn
Tourist

Re: Is Cambodia Post working normally at the moment?

Post by linkjohn »

I also am having some problems. I wrote to the postal service and they replied with sort of a cut and paste reply, But I got an answer, I have deleted it so i cant copy exactly what they said, Something like this. We apologise however some countries had stopped receiving international mail from certain locations due to Covid restrictions. They also wrote we understand it can be very frustrating but as you had mentioned yourself that Cambodia has numerous arrivals and departures through their capital airport daily we hope they will resume normal services soon! lets hope they get back to normal soon
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Same problem here, although I'm out in the province which complicates stuff.

Local postoffice ensured me everything is working fine. They also told me mail to this province (RTK) is sent out every 7-14 days from Phnom Penh because there's hardly any.
He didn't convince me. Went with DHL because I really need that shipment.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

I checked with the post office in Siem Reap as I was planning a shipment from India. He assured me that deliveries from India are normal and the current transit time is around 7 days. I shipped last week and according to the tracking the parcel has been sitting in Bombay for 4 days. It could be that India are lax in updating the database. Another 2 days to discover if it arrives in 7 days. I think its not always Cambodia Post who is to blame
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

samrong01 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:20 am I checked with the post office in Siem Reap as I was planning a shipment from India. He assured me that deliveries from India are normal and the current transit time is around 7 days. I shipped last week and according to the tracking the parcel has been sitting in Bombay for 4 days. It could be that India are lax in updating the database. Another 2 days to discover if it arrives in 7 days. I think its not always Cambodia Post who is to blame
Yes, when I asked the company who are sending me my package if they had any alterative delivery options such as DHL etc, they said they didn't, but they also mentioned that at the moment, when you track it online, it's common to see it get stuck at an airport for several days. They assured me it will get here eventually but as it has to go several hubs along the way, and many of those hubs are not working at full capacity, coupled with the reduction in actual freight flights worldwide, it will take longer than usual, but it's impossible to say just how much longer.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

Further to my previous post I found from a different tracking app that my parcel already arrived in Phnom Penh even though the EMS tracking shows it is still in Bombay.

I highly recommend the website 17Track.net for anyone wanting to track a parcel as it seems more up-to-date even than the EMS International website.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

For the record the package from India did indeed arrive in 7 days as the post office promised. Highly recommend EMS service.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Does anyone have any recent experience of mail arriving in Phnom Penh?

I have a letter in the UK, which arrived today, and needs to be forwarded to me. It's quite important. If I were in most other places, I'd just have it sent to me at the hotel where I'm currently in quarantine for another 10 days.
I could use DHL, so that's a back up option.

If I were using regular mail, would I just go to the post office at Wat Phnom, and collect it? I can't imagine anyone actually finding my apartment- the local foodPanda motos give up, and we just lower a rope from the balcony. (our front door is accessed from another street altogether)

I had thought about having it sent to a favourite watering hole, for my attention, if the proprietor were willing.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Since I closed my PO box, I have recently received some mail (letters) from Australia, addressed to my street corner with my phone number. The guy was out there with his Cam Post moto and handed them to me. Didn't even need to pay.

Incidentally I also got a call from the PO Box counter saying they had two letters for my closed box. They wanted $3, but I argued that whilst yes I had closed it, it was paid up until November anyway so they let me off. Anyway it was two bank cards sent in September 2020. It turned out the HSBC credit card account had been closed because I hadn't used it for 12 months lol.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic